Described by one client as their "lawyer of choice on all complex property deals".
Alison Kennedy has experience acting on a broad range of property-related matters, from project development and structuring, including property joint ventures and development agreements, through to property acquisitions and disposals, retail, industrial and commercial leasing and general property advisory work. She has extensive experience advising government and private sector clients in relation to major projects and other property-related matters.
Alison has a number of strong client relationships and is a trusted and respected adviser to her clients. She has been recognised as providing clear insight into complex commercial arrangements, and expressing them in simple and effective documentation.
Expand allCollapse all
- Villawood Properties (incorporating Sandhurst Capital): Alison acts as lead legal adviser on many matters for Villawood Properties, one of Australia's leading residential land developers. She provides advice and drafts documents in relation to matters including owners corporation structuring and subdivision strategies, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, project management and development arrangements.
- RACV: Alison led the Clayton Utz Real Estate team acting for RACV in relation to its acquisition of the RACV Goldfields Resort in Creswick, Victoria. Alison and the team conducted due diligence and gave advice covering a broad range of factors relevant to the resort ownership and operation, including reviewing and advising on hotel and residential owners corporation arrangements, reviewing various licences, reviewing and assigning an Indigenous Land Use Agreement and Crown lease and negotiating options for the acquisition of hotel rooms held by private investors.
- Ridley Corporation: Alison was the lead Real Estate lawyer for Ridley Corporation in relation to its joint venture with Sanctuary Living for the development of Ridley's 465 hectare salt field site located at Moolap in Victoria. Her work largely contributed to the Project being nominated for Deal of the Year at the 2015 Law Institute of Victoria Awards.
- New Forests: Alison reviewed and negotiated Contracts of Sale for the acquisition of land from Great Southern Plantations (comprising 650 properties and 1200 titles) for a total purchase price of AU$415 million. She continues to act for New Forests in relation to that portfolio.
- adidas: Alison acts on adidas' retail leasing portfolio throughout Australia. She also reviewed and negotiated the Lease and associated documentation in relation to adidas' corporate headquarters in Mulgrave, Victoria.
- Metricon/Newland Developers: Alison has provided various advice to Metricon and Newland Developers in relation to residential and residential aged care joint ventures, project management and development agreements, including advice associated with developments at Mernda, Officer, Pottsville, Armstrong Creek and Mandalay at Beveridge.
- Spotless: Alison drafted and negotiated the Agreement for Lease, Lease and associated documentation in relation to Spotless' corporate headquarters in St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
- Medallist Developments Pty Ltd: Alison acted on the structuring of, and provided advice in relation to, the development and subdivision of the Settlers Run estate at Botanic Ridge, Cranbourne South, including the Setters Run Golf and Country Club.
See Real Estate
Energy and Resources
Origin Energy: Alison has acted for Origin for well over a decade on numerous transactions including:
- leases for corporate offices throughout Australia;
- Origin's lease of its LPG terminal at Bulwer Island in Queensland;
- wind farm projects including the South East Wind Project, Stockyard Hill Wind Farm and Dundas Tablelands Wind Farm;
- landholder access arrangements for Origin's Halladale and Speculant gas pipeline project in Victoria; and
- the acquisition and sale of various freehold properties.
Iluka Resources Limited: Alison provides advice to Iluka in relation to various matters including acquisition of land, land access and compensation agreements, conservation covenants, agreements pursuant to section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Vic) and acquisition of easements.
See Energy and Resources
- Department of Defence: Alison has advised the Department of Defence on its proposed disposal of the former defence site in Maribyrnong, Victoria, an urban infill site. She has also drafted and negotiated leases for Defence sites at Fort Gellibrand, Nelson Place, Williamstown and HMAS Cerberus, as well as documentation in relation to the Defence Phase 1 Living in Accommodation Project, interim accommodation at RAAF Edinburgh and provided advice in relation to the easements and various amenity issues arising due to the location of RAAF Bases throughout Australia.
- Level Crossings Removal Authority: Alison acts for the Level Crossings Removal Authority in relation to proposed integrated development opportunity sites associated with the Victorian Government's level crossings removal program.
- Knox City Council: Alison has provided advice to Knox City Council on various matters including the sale and/or proposed development of Council owned land for municipal and other purposes and the leasing of community facilities to private sporting organisations.
- Linking Melbourne Authority (LMA): Alison acted in relation to the lease of LMA's corporate office premises in Melbourne and provided advice in relation to LMA's subsequent exit from those premises.
- Places Victoria (formerly VicUrban): Alison has provided advice in relation to acquisition and development of the Metro Village 3175 estate in Dandenong, including the realignment of Cheltenham Road.
Public Transport Victoria: Alison has provided advice to Public Transport Victoria in relation to the relinquishment and replacement of existing easements associated with redevelopment of a site adjacent to Southern Cross Station in Melbourne, Victoria.
See Governmnent Services
PPB Advisory ‒ ABC2 Group Property Issues: Alison acted for PPB, Court Appointed Receivers, in relation to the assignment of 240 leases of Childcare Centres throughout Australia pursuant to Business Sale Agreements with numerous buyers after the collapse of ABC Learning Centres in 2008.