04 Nov 2020
Webinar: Roadmap to Remediation
Underpayments, wage theft and misclassification issues have fast become one of the biggest risks to businesses across industries all over the country. The payroll function is now incredibly important, requiring compliance with a complex interlay of employment legislation, Enterprise
Agreements and Modern Awards. This process is then further complicated by superannuation compliance. The risk of underpayments brings with it
the ire of regulator intervention and the questions of voluntary disclosure.
In this webinar our Panel of experts discuss strategy and next steps around:
- recent changes in regulator expectations relating to wage and superannuation underpayments;
- data informed strategies for underpayment identification and calculation and how to identify underpayments are they systematic or individualised?
- risk and governance issues for boards arising from underpayments;
- remediating and bouncing back from an underpayment identification;
- communicating underpayments with your workforce;
- damage control and reputation protection;
- handling superannuation underpayments and dealing with the ATO now the amnesty period is over; and
- moving forward and ensuring ongoing compliance from both a legal and forensic perspective.
Watch instalment two here.
Get in Touch
Get in touch information is loading
Clayton Utz communications are intended to provide commentary and general information. They should not be relied upon as legal advice. Formal legal advice should be sought in particular transactions or on matters of interest arising from this communication. Persons listed may not be admitted in all States and Territories.
4/11/2020 7:00:00 AM
Corporate / M&A
Workplace Relations Employment and Safety
Forensic and Technology Services