Wendy Rees' specialised experience in technology and energy and resources projects comes from advising private and government clients on a range of infrastructure projects both in Australia and overseas.
With her wide range of procurement experience, Wendy advises on project structuring and financing, acquisitions and disposals and ongoing operations.
Her time spent working in-house on Australia's largest infrastructure project, and previously as an energy and resources lawyer, has given Wendy a deeper appreciation of clients' needs.
Read MoreShow Less
Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Monash University (2002)
admitted to practice
Wendy is a member of:
- the Law Institute of Victoria
- the Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association
- the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (pending)
- Women in Resources, Victoria
Expand allCollapse all
Energy and Resources
Wendy previously practised as an energy and resources lawyer. Her experience includes all aspects of upstream exploration and development, and downstream supply and distribution, of resources and petroleum and energy products, including oil and gas, water, electricity and renewable energy products. This included:
- Representing a major national oil, gas and electricity supplier in relation to its interests in Australia and New Zealand.
- Representing a major mining company in relation to its projects in Australia and overseas.
- Acting as legal adviser in relation to offshore projects for the production and wholesale supply of natural gas, LPG and condensate in Australia and New Zealand.
- Advising on LNG projects in Queensland.
- Advising on renewable energy projects, including wind farms, solar projects and geothermal projects.
- Working on the disposal and acquisition of oil and gas-related assets, joint venture interests and businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
- Negotiating and preparing a wide range of procurement contracts, including service agreements, supply agreements, operating and maintenance agreements and charterparties.
- Advising on all aspects arising from joint ventures, including formation, product sales, default, pre-emptive rights and ongoing contract administration.
- Negotiating and documenting wholesale supply agreements for the supply of oil, natural gas, LPG and condensate.
- Drafting and negotiating a number of transportation agreements for the transportation of natural gas (via pipeline), condensate (via pipeline and trucking) and LPG (via trucking).
- Drafting and negotiating a number of onshore and offshore drilling agreements and related services agreements, including multi-venture contracts for drilling programs.
- Negotiating and preparing sharing arrangements in relation to various assets, including vessels and helicopters.
- Acted for a USA firm in its acquisition of a substantial interest in an oil and gas exploration firm in Western Australia.
- Negotiated arrangements between Australian companies to undertake various exploration projects in Vietnam.
- Acted for an Australian company in relation to the acquisition of tenement interests in Israel.
- Acted for an Australian company in the acquisition of various tenement interests in New Zealand.
- Acted for an Australian company in relation to its project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
See Energy and Resources
Construction and Major Projects
- Responsibility for managing a broad portfolio of complex technology procurement contracts.
- Advising on contracts relating to design, construction and operational services in connection with technology assets.
- Advising on the procurement of equipment, provision of operational services and construction activities relating to wireless technology.
- Advising on access arrangements.
See Construction and Major Projects
Related knowledge information is loading