Andrew Norman specialises in major property acquisitions and disposals, property development and major leasing transactions.
Andrew has acted for and advised a range of clients on the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of land in the commercial, industrial and retail sectors.
Read MoreShow Less
- Chambers Global / Asia Pacific
- leading individual in Real Estate since 2009
- "A very strong technical lawyer who works hard for his clients."
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: recommended in Real Estate (2020)
- Best Lawyers Australia:
- Named Lawyer of the Year - Real Property (2021-2022)
- Voted by peers as one of Australia's Best Lawyers - Real Property (2015-2023)
Doyle's Guide: names Andrew as a
- leading Property & Real Estate Lawyer, Australia (2017-2021)
- leading Property & Real Estate Lawyer, Victoria (2017-2021)
- leading Leasing Lawyer, Victoria (2017-2021)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Monash University (1989)
- Bachelor of Science, Monash University (1986)
admitted to practice
Andrew is a member of:
Expand allCollapse all
Acquisition and disposal
- Sale of a $643m 50% interest in the Rialto, Melbourne (2020).
- Acting for AMPC on the purchase of three separate 25% interests for a total of around $1.5b in Brookfield's Wynyard Place development (2019 and 2017).
- Acting on the sale of a 50% interest in an $800m Melbourne office portfolio (535 Bourke Street and 459 and 440 Collins Street) to the Juilliard Group (2019).
- Acting for Blackstone on the acquisition of three portfolios of logistics assets from the Goodman Group ($1.7b) (2017-2019).
- Acquisition of St Collins Lane Shopping Centre, Melbourne ($247m, 2016).
- Acting for AMPC on the sale of 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne ($231m, 2015).
- Sale of $1.4 billion GE Australian equity real estate platform (2013).
- Financing the acquisition of the $846 million Woolworths Distribution Centre Portfolio.
- Sale and leaseback of $570 million Telstra commercial office portfolio.
- Sale of the 11 property Australand National Industrial Airport Portfolio (2007) and the sale of a Victorian Portfolio of industrial and commercial properties for Australand (2009).
- Acquisition of Auburn Home Mega Mall, Coffs Harbour Shopping Centre and a majority interest in Warringah Mall Shopping Centre.
- Disposal of interests in 1 Spring Street, Collins Place and Bourke Place, Melbourne.
- Acquisition and disposal of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
- Acquisition of Defence Plaza and the Olderfleet Buildings, Melbourne.
Leasing and development
- Myer's anchor HQ tenancy at 1000 La Trobe Street, Docklands.
- Acting for Cadence Property Group on leasing and development of warehouse facilities at Pinkenba (Qld), Penrith (NSW) and numerous Victorian sites including Altona, Spotswood, Truganina and Brooklyn.
- Leasing and development of National Australia Bank Commercial Office Headquarters, Victoria Harbour, Docklands.
- Acting for Generation Healthcare REIT in arrangements with St. John of God Health Care for the $120m development of stage 2 of the Casey Private Hospital.
- Leasing and development of Allens Arthur Robinson office premises, 101 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Acting for Grocon on the Queen Victoria Hospital Site mixed use residential, commercial and retail development.
- Acting for Australand on the Freshwater Place mixed use residential, commercial and retail development.
- Acting for LXRA in the development and sale of mixed use Integrated Development Opportunities.
- Leasing and development of 15 William Street, Melbourne.
- Acting on mixed residential and commercial developments at 1 St Kilda Road and 604 St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
See Real Estate
Related knowledge information is loading