Climate Change and Sustainability
The Clayton Utz Climate Change and Sustainability group is recognised as an experienced industry leader. We bring together experts from across our practices to assist governments and businesses meet the challenges of climate change and the risks of climate-related events, but also embrace the opportunities arising from new and emerging markets.
Net zero emissions targets, voluntary and mandatory corporate disclosure requirements and shareholder and regulatory attention on the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) aspects of business activities have sharpened the focus on climate change abatement, mitigation and adaptation, and managing related financial risk.
Clayton Utz act at the forefront of legal and industry developments, and offers significant expertise to businesses and governments to imbed climate change risk responses into business as usual practices and minimise potential liability.
Our experienced teams sit across the firm in energy and resources, renewable energy, taxation, insurance, environment and planning, corporate governance, regulated markets and financial services.
- Doyle's Guide (2019): Brendan Bateman – Recommended lawyer for Environment & Climate Change Lawyer – New South Wales
- Doyle's Guide (2019): Claire Smith – Leading Environment & Climate Change Lawyer – New South Wales
- Doyle's Guide (2019): Sallyanne Everett – Preeminent Lawyer for Environment & Climate Change – Victoria
- Who's Who Legal: Environment 2019: Brendan Bateman – Recognised in Climate Change
- Who's Who Legal: Environment 2019: Nick Thomas – Recognised in Climate Change
- Who's Who Legal: Environment 2019: Claire Smith – Recognised in Climate Change
- Who's Who Legal: Environment 2019: Brad Wylynko – Recognised in Climate Change
- AFR Best Lawyers Australia 2017-2019: Brendan Bateman, Karen Trainor, Brad Wylynko – voted by peers for Climate Change law
- AFR Best Lawyers Australia 2018-2019: Nick Thomas, Kathryn Pacey, Claire Smith – voted by peers for Climate Change law
- PLC Which Lawyer (2011): 'Recommended' in Environment: Climate Change Law