Intellectual Property Basics – Webinar Series
Get in touch information is loading
Intellectual Property basics – Webinar Series
Recommended CPD point allocation: 4 points (excluding WA).
If your current role involves dealing with intellectual property (IP), then this webinar series is for you. Over four weeks Cameron will cover everything you need to know about IP. You will be able to confidently identify IP and understand how IP is protected and enforced. You will also learn how to deal with IP in agreements. This webinar series is aimed at people in commercial roles who deal with IP, as well as lawyers who want to update and improve their knowledge of IP.
Who should attend our Intellectual Property webinar series?
- Anyone dealing with intellectual property.
Session 1 – IP explained – 14 September 2021
- How and why do IP rights exist?
- Introduction to copyright, patents, trademarks and designs
- Things that are like IP – business names, domain names and confidential information.
Session 2 –IP ownership and protection – 21 September 2021
- IP created by employees, contractors, volunteers and students
- Joint ownership of IP
- Managing IP as a business asset
- Conducting searches and registering IP.
Session 3 – IP transactions and agreements – 28 September 2021
- Assigning, licensing and commercialising IP
- Music, film and other media assets - dealing with collecting societies
- Creative commons and open source software
- Managing IP risks.
Session 4 – IP infringement and enforcement – 5 October 2021
- When are IP rights infringed?
- Defences and remedies
- Sending or responding to a cease and desist letter
- Preparing for litigation.
Time: 10.00am - 11.00am (AEST Brisbane)
Cost (inc GST): $400 per person (complete four session series package)
Unable to participate in one or more webinars from this series? We will be recording each session and we welcome you to register directly with us for the series. Just let us know which webinar/s you are unable to be a participant. Phone 1800 882 110 or email [email protected]
Further information: Phone 1800 882 110 or email [email protected]
Register 2021 Workshop Index Subscribe for Email Updates
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.
Recommended CPD point allocation: 1 point per webinar (excluding WA).
If this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one CPD unit for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included. Please contact your Professional Body for your state.