ICT Procurement Essentials – Webinar Series
Get in touch information is loading
ICT Procurement Essentials – Webinar Series
This webinar series will provide end-to-end coverage of the key issues involved in drafting and negotiating ICT contracts. It is suitable for anyone involved in procuring ICT products and services, including procurement officers, IT professionals and in-house legal advisors for both private and public sector organisations. Legal knowledge is not required.
Session 1 – Planning the Contract and Key Procurement Decisions – 4 August 2021 (recording available)
Session 2 – Terms for Managing ICT Projects – 12 August 2021 (recording available)
- Planning and structuring the deal
- A commercial principles approach to developing the contract
- Dealing with uncertainty (and using supplier assumptions to your advantage)
- Key procurement decisions - when to use the supplier's terms? When to release a draft contract? Whether to ask for a marked-up contract or departures table? When to evaluate and negotiate contract responses?
- Starting work before a contract is signed.
- Change control – getting a reasonable price even when you have no negotiating leverage
- Managing project delays
- Personnel management (including key personnel)
- Project governance and reporting
- Project KPIs.
Session 3 – Quality Assurance Terms (Part 1) – 18 August 2021 (recording available)
- Requirements and specifications (including dealing with specifications developed after the contract is signed)
- Deliverables review and acceptance testing
- Warranties – what do they actually do?
- Continuous improvement.
Session 4 – Quality Assurance Terms (Part 2) – 25 August 2021 (recording available)
- Service levels
- Service credits and earnback
- Other consequences of service level failure – why stop at service credits?
- Compliance with laws and standards
- Managing multiple suppliers.
Session 5 – Performance Incentives and Securities – 1 September 2021 (recording available)
- Bank guarantees and performance guarantees
- Insurance – what is typical and will it actually help?
- Liquidated damages and bonuses
- Step-in rights
- Payment plan, retentions and suspension
- Contract term and renewal options.
Session 6 – Pricing and Payment Issues – 8 September 2021 (recording available)
- Pricing models – fixed, T&M, volume based, alliance
- T&M pricing issues – have you just signed a blank cheque?
- Payment plans and retentions
- Pricing adjustments – CPI, FX etc
- Maintaining competitive pricing – price reviews, most favoured customer clauses and benchmarking.
Session 7 – Dealing with Intellectual Property – 15 September 2021 (recording available)
- Ownership and licensing – when do you really need to own IP?
- Licensed software issues
- Moral rights
- IP infringement risks.
Session 8 – Information Security and Management – 22 September 2021 (recording available)
- Protecting customer data
- Offshoring data – what are the risks?
- Terms for dealing with a security or data breach by a supplier
- Audit rights.
Session 9 – Liability and Risk Management – 29 September 2021 (recording available)
- Risk and liability assessment - are you sure your liability cap is enough?
- Liability limitations and exclusions
- The role of warranties and indemnities
- Business continuity planning.
Session 10 – Ending the Contract – 6 October 2021 (recording available)
- Disengagement and transition out
- Dispute resolution
- Termination for breach
- Termination for convenience
- Dealing with supplier insolvency.
Time: 10.00am -11.00am (AEST Brisbane)
Cost (inc GST): $950 per person (complete 10 session series package)
Unable to participate in one or more webinars from this series? We will be recording each session and we welcome you to register directly with us for the series. Just let us know which webinar/s you are unable to be a participant. Phone 1800 882 110 or email [email protected]
Further information: Phone 1800 882 110 or email [email protected]
Register 2021 Workshop Index Subscribe for Email Updates
"I just wanted to say thank
you for the excellent session yesterday – it provided some great conceptual
tools that I will be using going forward. I'm looking forward to the rest of the
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.
Recommended CPD point allocation: 1 point per webinar (excluding WA).
If this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one CPD unit for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included. Please contact your Professional Body for your state.