Ross Perrett is a senior partner with nearly 30 years' experience in corporate and commercial litigation. He is recognised by his clients, peers and the Queensland Bar as one of the State's pre-eminent practitioners.
Ross was one of ten Australian lawyers (and the only Queensland practitioner) named as Leading Individuals in the Dispute Resolution category of the 2007/08 edition of the legal directory Asia-Pacific Legal 500. He has appeared in many leading cases before the High Court, the Federal Court of Australia and the Queensland Supreme Court.
In addition to his depth of experience in the conduct and management of disputes and major litigation, Ross has extensive specialist experience in regulatory matters and administrative law, and for many years represented and advised State and Commonwealth departments and agencies as well as professional bodies and regulatory boards.
Read MoreShow Less
Ross is recognised amongst Australia's top lawyers by several independent global publications including:
- Asia Pacific Legal 500: leading individual in Dispute Resolution (2007-2008)
- Legal 500: recognised for Litigation (2007)
- Who's Who Legal of Commercial Litigators: internationally recognised in the area of commercial litigation (2009-2011)
- Best Lawyers Australia
Named Lawyer of the Year, Government Practice (2017)
Voted by peers as one of Australia's Best Lawyers in
- Litigation (2008-2024)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation (2014-2024)
- Government Practice (2014-2024)
- Australasian Legal Business: leading Litigation and ADR practitioner (2003)
- Euromoney's Expert Guides: recognised as one of the world's leading practitioners for Litigation and Product Liability (2016)
- Doyle's Guide: Preeminent Queensland Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyer (2022)
Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Queensland (1981)
Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland (1978)
admitted to practice
High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Federal Litigation Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Ethics Committee of the Queensland Law Society, Chair
Expand allCollapse all
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
State of Queensland: Acting for the State in its defence of Queensland Supreme Court proceedings instituted in December 2005 by TrakHealth Pty Ltd.
Commonwealth Department of Defence: Acting for the Commonwealth in its defence of multi-party actions by workers involved in the de-seal/re-seal programmes for F-111 fighter planes.
Ports Corporation of Queensland: Represented PCQ in an arbitration with Xstrata Coal for the determination of the prices payable for the export of coal through the Abbott Point Coal Terminal. The arbitration involved consideration of the approach of the Queensland Competition Authority had it been required to determine the prices.
ConAgra Foods: Acting for this US-based multinational in its defence of claims of misuse of confidential information and breach of duty (case is pending in the Queensland Supreme Court).
Transpacific Industries Limited: Successfully represented Transpacific in its defence of claims brought by Interline Inc., a US public company, for recovery of alleged damages and loss of royalties pursuant to a licence agreement for the supply and installation of a used oil re-refining facility.
See Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Related knowledge information is loading