Ken is a partner in Clayton Utz’s Intellectual Property and Technology group with a formidable reputation for the design and structuring of some of Australia’s and the Asia Pacific region’s most difficult and unorthodox technology, media and telecommunications transactions. His practice is characterised by creative and innovative contracting styles and the successful execution of high-stakes, landmark projects, often for which little-to-no prior precedent exists.
In 2017, Ken was recognised by Doyle's Guide as one of 3 technology lawyers in NSW considered to be pre-eminent in the field of Information Technology Law. His role has now evolved to include consulting directly to company boards in relation to large-scale technology, infrastructure and engineering projects of corporate and national significance.
Ken and his team specialise in:
- complex IT and telecommunications contracting;
- large scale outsourcing, business process transformation, managed services and cloud solutions;
- data exploitation, licensing and commercialisation projects;
- software development, licensing and support;
- electronic payment systems, card services, white-labelling, payment facilitation and merchant agreements; and
- digitisation, artificial intelligence, P2P solutions and emerging technologies.
Ken's expertise in technology applications and services extends across a broad range of industries, including retail, financial services, software, telecommunications, logistics, mining and construction, payments, superannuation, transport services and ports. He is particularly recognised for his work in the financial services sector on mission-critical projects such as core banking transformations, applications development and outsourcing, payments innovation and the testing and implementation of new technologies.