An experienced banking and finance lawyer, Kate Casellas has acted for both lenders and sponsors on a range of financings, with a specific focus on project financing and transactions within the resources sector..
From her time practising in Singapore and being involved in a range of financing transactions throughout the south-east Asian region, she has a strong understanding of the complexities of cross-border financing.
She has also advised a number of major Australian and international banks and funds on a variety of structured finance transactions.
Kate will become a Partner on 1 January 2023.
Read MoreShow Less
Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Western Australia (2004)
Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Australia (2004)
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law (2005)
Admitted to practice
England and Wales (2009)
Western Australia (2005)
New South Wales (2005)
- Kate is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia
Expand allCollapse all
Banking and Finance
- Co-operative Bulk Handling Limited: Kate acted for CBH in relation to its syndicated facility and various bilateral facilities, totalling over A$1 billion.
- Westpac Banking Corporation: Kate advised Westpac on its financing of the Aspen Group, comprising a multi-option facility.
- Decmil: Kate advised NAB on the A$165 million facility provided to Decmil.
- Mineral Resources Ltd: Kate acted for NAB as lead arranger and the syndicated banks on a syndicated credit facility in excess of A$700 million.
- Woodside Petroleum: Kate acted for the banks on Woodside's corporate facility.
- Fleetwood: Kate acted for Fleetwood in relation to its corporate financing, as well in relation to the financing aspects of a number of its recent projects.
- Monadelphous: Kate acted for a club of banks in respect of Monadelphous' secured contingent instrument club arrangement.
See Banking and Finance
- Sundance Resources Limited: Kate advised Sundance on its proposed joint venture agreement and financing arrangements for Mbalam-Nebaba project.
- Ichthys: advised a sponsor on the project financing of the Ichthys LNG project.
- Suez Energy: Kate advised Suez Energy on its acquisition and US$700 million financing (involving ADB, IFC and commercial banks) of a power plant in the Philippines.
- International Power plc: Kate advised International Power on the development and financing of a number of power projects through Asia, including Paiton 3 in Indonesia, which involved financing from JBIC and commercial banks.
See Project Finance
Energy and Resources
- Iluka Resources: Kate acted for Iluka on its A$800 million bilateral revolving credit facilities, and its receivables financing.
- Nido Petroleum: Kate advised Nido Petroleum on its US$30 million borrowing base facility in the Philippines.
- Talison Lithium: Kate acted for Talison on its US$200 million syndicated facility agreement.
- Private equity funds: Kate acted for several private equity funds on the funding (including through convertible notes and other note structures) of mining projects in Australia, Asia and Africa.
- Noble Group: Kate acted for the Noble Group on its various financing transactions (including project financing, trade financing, receivables financing, working capital solutions and prepayment facilities) with companies such as Territory Resources Limited, Gloucester Coal Limited, Blackwood Corporation Limited, Guildford Coal Limited, East Energy Resources Limited and Kaboko Limited.
See Energy and Resources
- Property finance: Kate acted for several domestic and international banks on a number of commercial and residential property developments in Western Australia.
- Pacific Alliance Group: Kate acted for PAG on several property financing transactions in Western Australia, as either senior secured lender or mezzanine lender.
See Property Finance
Related knowledge information is loading