Recognised as being among the property industry's best emerging talent, Jerome has experience spanning multiple sectors, including the commercial, industrial and retail sectors. He has particular expertise in large-scale property acquisitions and disposals, development, complex leasing and property advisory work.
Clients value Jerome's "can do" approach, his attention to detail and his ability to strategically lead his clients through difficult situations to commercially successful outcomes.
Read MoreShow Less
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: ranked a Rising Star in Real Estate (2023)
- Australasian Lawyer Awards: named a Rising Star (2022)
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards: Finalist (2016)
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law (2010)
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Hons), Monash University (2009)
Bachelor of Arts, Monash University (2009)
admitted to practice
High Court of Australia (2010)
- Law Institute of Victoria
Expand allCollapse all
Acquisitions, disposals and leasing
- AMP Capital: Jerome acted for AMP Capital on its $231 million sale to LaSalle of 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
- Blackstone Group: Jerome acted as a lead real estate lawyer in relation to Blackstone's acquisition of three portfolios of industrial assets from Goodman totalling over $1.3 billion.
- GE Australia: Jerome acted for GE Australia in relation to:
- the $1.4 billion sale of its Australian equity real estate platform (comprising 26 commercial office buildings) in three portfolio transactions to Mirvac ($584m), Pacific Alliance Group (over $470m) and Blackstone (over $350m);
- the $45 million sale to a Chinese investor of 420-430 Forest Road Hurstville, NSW; and
- the leasing arrangements of GE's office buildings.
- Monash University: Jerome acted for Monash University (and related entities) in relation to student accommodation facilities and office leasing in Victoria, including the negotiation of complex lease documentation of 8,052 square metres of office space at 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne for use as a health science and research facility.
- Stockland: Jerome acted for Stockland in relation to the leasing of its industrial and retail sites in Victoria, including preparation of precedent documentation and negotiating complex leasing and development arrangements.
- BP Australia Pty Ltd: Jerome acted for BP in relation to the expansion and development of BP's retail network, including in respect of agreements for lease, leases, development deeds and sale and purchase agreements for BP service station sites in Victoria and NSW.
- Cadence Property: Jerome acted for Cadence Property on the development, sale and purchase and leasing of industrial sites in Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales, including in relation to leasing arrangements with BP Australia Pty Ltd, Toll Transport Pty Ltd, Owens-Illinois, Visa Global Logistics, Cosco Shipping and CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles.
- Myer: Jerome acted for Myer in relation to the roll-out of its new store concepts and concessionaire arrangements in its department stores in various jurisdictions around Australia.
Energy and Resources
- Origin Energy: Jerome acted for Origin Energy in relation to:
- landholder arrangements for its Stockyard Hill Wind Farm project and Halladale, Blackwatch and Speculant gas pipeline project (including negotiating access and tenure arrangements and compensation agreements); and
- its leasing of its corporate offices in Victoria.
- Department of Finance: Jerome acted for the Commonwealth of Australia (represented by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services Division, Corporate and Parliamentary Services Group of the Department of Finance) in respect of leases of electoral offices for Members of the House of Representatives and Senators in Victoria and New South Wales.
See Real Estate
Related knowledge information is loading