Gavin is a front-end construction and major projects lawyer who works with government departments and the private sector on a range of major road, rail and infrastructure projects.
Gavin regularly advises on project delivery options, tender and contract documentation, procurement and contract administration using a range of collaborative and traditional construction procurement models.
Expand allCollapse all
Construction and Major Projects
Major Road Projects Victoria (Vic Govt): Advising the MRPV on a number of recent MRPV projects, including:
- the Echuca-Moama Bridge (EMB) project, a second crossing over the Campaspe and Murray Rivers. The project is jointly funded by the Commonwealth, Victorian and New South Wales governments;
- the M80 Upgrade (Sydney Road to Edgars Road). This project is jointly funded by the Federal and Victorian governments;
- the Monash Freeway Upgrade (Stage 2); and
- South Gippsland Highway Project (Koonwarra to Meeniyan).
Confidential Road and Rail ECI Projects (Cth Govt): Advising on a dual ECI agreement coupled with a collaborative D&C contract and a framework agreement, where the framework agreement allows for additional tranches to be procured through subsequent ECI agreements and D&C contracts. It is a brownfields project that requires compliance with Commonwealth funding conditions.
City Rail Link (NZ Govt): Advised City Rail Link Limited on the procurement of a new 3.45km twin tunnel underground rail link across Auckland, together with two new stations and the redevelopment of two existing stations. This included the drafting and development of tender documentation, competitive ECI agreements, interim alliance and alliance agreements.
Cross River Rail (Qld Govt): Part of the legal team that advised the Cross River Rail Development Authority on the procurement of a new 10.2km rail line through central Brisbane and under the Brisbane River and CBD with four new stations and the redevelopment of two existing stations. Gavin assisted with the preparation of the legal documentation for the tunnels and stations PPP package.
Rolling Stock Interactive Development Process (Vic Govt): Advising the Department of Transport on a unique interactive development process working with multiple rolling stock suppliers to develop technical and commercial solutions for rolling stock to accommodate the unique features of the Melbourne metropolitan rail and tram network.
Tiger Brennan Drive Upgrade – Stage 4 (NT Govt): Advised the Northern Territory Department of Infrastructure on the preparation of tender documentation, managing contractor contract and negotiations for the Tiger Brennan Drive Upgrade - Stage 4.
Gavin has also completed secondments as part of the legal teams at public sector organisations, including;
- Major Road Projects Victoria: In the position of Acting Director – Legal, Gavin was involved at all stages in the planning, procurement and delivery of MRPV's program of projects.
- Office of the Director General: As Acting Deputy Director, Commercial and Legal Gavin was involved at various stages in the planning, procurement and delivery of projects being delivered by the Level Crossing Removal Project, North East Link Project and MRPV.
See Construction and Major Projects