Chris is a "front-end" construction specialist. He is regarded by his clients as an excellent technical lawyer with a strong grasp of the commercial and interpersonal issues required to negotiate complex matters.
Chris is known for his strong drafting skills, and his ability to express complex issues with precision. Drawing on over 10 years of experience practising specifically in construction law in Australia and the United Kingdom, Chris offers clients significant experience of various project delivery models, including all forms of traditional and collaborative contractual models.
Chris advises a range of industry participants on construction issues arising on infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, water, transport, health and commercial development projects.
Expand allCollapse all
Construction and Major Projects
- Australia Pacific LNG: Chris acts for the project owners of the $34 billion Australia Pacific LNG Project. He is involved in a wide range of procurement, design and construction related activities, including the procurement of upstream gas processing and water treatment facilities, and the procurement of downstream gas liquefaction facilities. As the project moves from construction to operation Chris has been involved in the preparation and negotiation of maintenance agreements and other service agreements.
- Brisbane City Council: Chris acted for Brisbane City Council on a number of its recent road infrastructure projects, including the $650 million Kingsford Smith Drive Upgrade Project, $1.5 billion Legacy Way Tunnel and the Robinson Road Open Level Crossing Project at Geebung, which was procured under a project alliance agreement.
- Rubyanna Wastewater Treatment Plant Project: Chris acts for Bundaberg Regional Council in connection with the procurement of the proposed new Rubyanna wastewater treatment plant which is being procured under a design, construct maintain and operate contract.
- Queensland Children's Hospital: Chris acted for Children's Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service in connection with the outsourcing of facilities management services at the new Lady Cilento Children's Hospital in South Brisbane.
- Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC): Chris acted for BAC in connection with the significant re-development of the International Terminal Building at Brisbane Airport. He also acted for BAC in connection with the outsourcing of facilities maintenance services for all airport assets.
- Surat Basin Rail Project: Chris advised Surat Basin Rail in connection with the construction of the Surat Basin Rail Project designed to link coal mines in the Surat Basin to Gladstone, Queensland.
- Wandoan Coal Project: Chris advised Xstrata on various construction and engineering contracts in connection with the development of its coal mine at Wandoan in Queensland.
- Bowen Basin Coal Mining Projects: Chris acted for the mine operators in a number of related mines in the Bowen Basin in connection with the development of new open cut and underground coal mines, including drafting and negotiating various mine infrastructure contracts (with respect to road and rail infrastructure), mine operation contracts, CHPP design, construction, operation and maintenance contracts and major plant procurement contracts.
- Clem 7 Tunnel: Chris acted for the contractor appointed to design and construct the Clem 7 Tunnel project in Brisbane.
- Shard of Glass Project, London: Chris represented a Qatari sovereign wealth fund in connection with the £1 billion financing for the design and construction of the landmark Shard of Glass tower at London Bridge, London.
- Evergreen Three ̶ Chiltern Railway Upgrade Project, Oxfordshire: Chris acted for The Chiltern Railway Company with respect to the upgrade of the existing Chiltern railway line and the design and construction of a new railway line between London Marylebone and Oxford in England.
- London Underground Upgrade Project: Chris acted for Tube Lines Limited in connection with its role as engineering upgrade contractor under the London Underground PPP with respect to the Northern, Jubilee and Piccadilly lines of the London Underground network.
See Construction and Major Projects