Clients come to Anna Casellas for her extensive experience in advising on employment, industrial relations and safety issues.
Primarily she advises and represents clients in both contentious and non-contentious employee relations matters, such as employment advice and litigation, unfair dismissals, equal opportunity, industrial relations, enterprise bargaining and preparing employment and contractor agreements. She also regularly helps clients with complex executive and director engagement and termination matters and due diligence.
Her OH&S experience includes explaining their OH&S obligations to clients (including at the Board level) under the current laws and the proposed OS&H harmonisation, assisting with investigations into workplace fatalities, and defending OH&S prosecutions. Anna also helps her clients develop and implement Fitness for Work policies (including drug and alcohol policies) in their workplaces.
Read MoreShow Less
Anna acts for government and private sector clients across industries such as mining, construction, banking, retail, energy and resources, transport, manufacturing, tertiary institutions, essential services and financial institutions. She has considerable experience prosecuting on behalf of Federal Government agencies, the Fair Work Building Commission and the Fair Work Ombudsman.
- Best Lawyers Australia: voted by peers as one of Australia's Best Lawyers in
- Labour and Employment (2014-2019)
- Chambers Asia-Pacific: ranked as Other Noted Practitioner in Employment (2017-2018)
Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia (2001)
Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Australia (2001)
Master of Laws, University of Melbourne (2010)
admitted to practice
Western Australia (2002)
Federal Court of Australia (2002)
High Court of Australia (2002)
Anna is a member of:
Law Society of Western Australia
Industrial Relations Society of Western Australia
Australian Human Resources Institute
- Law Council Industrial Law Committee member
Expand allCollapse all
Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety
Bankwest: Anna was seconded to Bankwest for seven months as the Acting Head of Employee Relations and gained a detailed understanding of specific issues facing the banking industry. As the contact point for managers throughout the business, Anna gave advice in relation to all industrial relations, employment and safety issues and dealt directly with the FSU on resolving issues.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA): Anna advised CCA on a range of general employment and industrial relations matters, including:
- development of high-level strategies to assist CCA in achieving its commercial objectives and managing its industrial relationships with the Union, delegates and workforce;
- assisted with a restructure and workplace change programme regarding the redundancy of employees at a production site; and
- representing CCA in unlawful termination and alleged breaches of an EBA proceedings in the Federal Court and assisting them to resolve those matters satisfactorily.
- advising on specific disciplinary and performance issues predominantly at the Moorabbin site. This includes advising on, and drafting correspondence for the resolution of racial harassment and sexual harassment complaints.
Brookfield Multiplex: Anna advises Brookfield Multiplex on a range of compliance matters and in relation to employment and industrial relations issues, and acted for it on litigious and non-litigious matters.
Minara Resources Ltd: Anna provides advice on all aspects of employment, safety and industrial relations matters and provides ongoing assistance to the human resources team on a wide range of matters.
Atlas Iron Ltd: Anna provides advice in relation to executive remuneration matters and a broad spectrum of workplace relations issues, and represents it in litigious matters.
See Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety