- Video Hub
- Webinar: EPBC Act Independent Review – Final Report – what are the recommendations and what do they mean?
19 Feb 2021
Webinar: EPBC Act Independent Review – Final Report – what are the recommendations and what do they mean?
On 28 January the Federal Government released the Final Report of the Independent Review of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth), prepared by Professor Graeme Samuel, AC.
In this webinar we share our thoughts on the recommendations put forward in the Report. We:
- outline the key findings of the Report;
- examine the feasibility of key areas of reform suggested by the Report, including the proposed National Environmental Standards;
- consider the Commonwealth Government's response, how the Report interacts with the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Streamlining Environmental Approvals) Bill 2020 (Cth) currently before Parliament, and likely next steps; and
- outline the implications for existing and future projects that interact with the EPBC Act.
Share and print this article
Get in Touch
Get in touch information is loading
Clayton Utz communications are intended to provide commentary and general information. They should not be relied upon as legal advice. Formal legal advice should be sought in particular transactions or on matters of interest arising from this communication. Persons listed may not be admitted in all States and Territories.
19/02/2021 7:00:00 AM
Environment and Sustainable Development