Sophisticated data breaches and cyber-attacks are on the rise in both private and public sector industries within Australia. While robust information security systems remain the strongest form of defence to a breach, knowing how to respond should the worst happen is crucial to minimising the impact of a breach on your organisation.
In this webinar, Tim Jones, Eleanor Dickens, Daniel Maroske and Scott Murphy discuss:
- ascertaining the extent of the breach and steps to consider to reduce its impact;
- what protections exist over privileged, commercially sensitive and personal information;
- liaising with regulators and the breach reporting regime;
- negotiating with third party providers; and
- insurance considerations.