The Clayton Utz Structured Products Group offers depth of experience at the cutting edge of structured products. Working closely with leading issuers, we have developed the legal structures underpinning many of the most popular and tax-efficient products of recent years.
Our experience traces back to our involvement in the original documentation of instalment warrants and covers just about every structure since. We advise on everything from vanilla warrants and OTC derivatives, through to some of the most complex tailored structures with very specific capital protection, leverage and risk requirements, spanning the full spectrum of underlying asset classes.
We recently advised Macquarie Bank on MQ Gateway which was awarded Pacific Prospect's "Innovation of the Year 2007" Award.
Read MoreShow Less
Our services include advising on:
- Equity derivative products such as vanilla and complex instalment warrants, other option based products (including collars and equity/total return swaps) and deferred purchase agreements;
- Funds investing in structured notes, equity/total return swaps and deferred purchase agreements;
- Stock lending/REPOs and LEPOs;
- Trading platforms;
- Hedge funds including fund of funds and quant funds;
- Specific strategy funds (such as buy/write, futures trading and structured equities and option trading);
- Environmental and Climate products;
- CDOs and structured note based products (including notes linked to equities, commodities and credit exposures);
- Lending arrangements for investment into these products;
- Prime brokerage and portfolio swap arrangements;
- Agricultural products;
- International tax and legal issues arising for inward and outward investments, including working closely with foreign lawyers; and
- Issues associated with taking security over listed equities and other "mechanical" issues regarding financing of and dealing in equities and hedging equity derivatives exposures.
Share and print this article
Get in Touch
Get in touch information is loading