We have a leading Private Equity team in Australasia, comprising corporate, debt financing, tax and insolvency specialists. By advising our clients across the full spectrum of a Private Equity fund, including fund establishment and management, capital raisings, new investments and strategic acquisitions, capital restructuring, governance, exit strategies and the restructuring of assets we are able to provide sound strategic counsel which aligns with our clients legal and commercial needs.
Having worked on many high-profile transactions, we have amassed a significant amount of experience on the legal and commercial issues typically facing Private Equity firms enabling the delivery of viable outcomes for our clients.
- market leading execution skills, from acting on some of Australasia's largest and most complex public-to-private transactions and strategic investments;
- a multidisciplinary team providing a seamless and integrated service across corporate, equity, debt, tax, insolvency and litigation;
- outstanding lawyers who combine first-rate technical skills with sound strategic and commercial judgment;
- particular expertise in developing tax-effective structures including structures with flow-through benefits for offshore investors, gained from advising US and European funds;
- unique experience in debt-financing including in relation to debt structuring of leveraged acquisitions and on debt restructuring in distressed asset situations "whole of transaction" and "life of investment" skills;
- creativity in deal design and structuring to meet commercial objectives;
- an understanding of the latest domestic and international developments in private equity; and
- sound working relationship with the Australian Venture Capital Association - the leading industry body in Australia.
We pride ourselves on having "whole of transaction" and "life of fund" skills. We offer expertise that is relevant throughout the life of a private equity fund, from fund formation to raising capital, to individual investments, follow-on acquisitions, re-financings, strategic transactions by investee companies and ultimately their sale.
We understand the value drivers of private equity investments and the requirement for funds to achieve timely and clean exits and can offer solutions to minimise or eliminate post-divestment risks. We also have particular expertise in developing tax-effective structures including structures with flow-through benefits for offshore investors.