Negotiation – Breakthrough Techniques
||Brisbane: 8-9 August 2018
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.30pm
$2,692 per person
$2,423 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$2, 288 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
71 Eagle Street
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Negotiation Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
“Dovetailing your differences to create value.” Lax and Sebenius.
This two-day workshop focuses on developing high-level skills to break through difficult and sensitive negotiations.
While this workshop is stand-alone, it combines well with the other negotiation skills programs we offer.
Who should attend?
- Those involved in troubling and complex negotiations
- Anyone involved in dealing with challenging people.
What we’ll cover
- The negotiation dilemma – why is it so hard?
- Creating and claiming value
- Empathy vs assertiveness
- Principal and agent tensions
- Obstacles to negotiation
- Asymmetry of information
- Why we don’t tell the other side everything
- How to overcome this problem
- Synchronicity of behaviour
- How to start singing from the same hymn sheet
- Is it the process?
- If you get the process right the result mostly looks after itself
- Finding joint gains
- The real challenges and how to go about it in a value creating way
- Power in negotiations
- Who has it? Where does it lie?
- How to manage it to achieve a negotiated outcome
- Understanding the creative process
- Why we close off creativity
- How to engage in productive creative thinking to achieve your negotiation outcome
- Managing conflict
- The top 30 breakthrough techniques
- The building blocks for durable relationships.
What you’ll learn
You’ll emerge with:
- A structured breakthrough strategy for when negotiations
reach an impasse
- Mechanisms to deal with difficult and even deceptive people
- Advanced level skills to effectively break through difficult
negotiations and achieve optimal outcomes
- Increased confidence and reduced stress.
Making it real
Michael is widely known for his engaging and stimulating workshops. He goes beyond theory by injecting his workshops with real-life war stories and interactive simulations. This means you’ll gain highly practical skills which you can immediately apply back at work.
What our clients say
"Fantastic – loved the war
stories! Very relevant, on point
and highly entertaining."
"Brilliant. Highly insightful
and extremely engaging."
"Michael relates his experience
to the topics very well
and makes the learnings
memorable and enjoyable."
"Excellent anecdotal accounts
of negotiation situations and
"Excellent knowledge and practical case studies to reinforce learning. Enjoyed the delivery."
"Michael is an absolute delight, extremely informative and knowledgeable on the topic. Case studies and experience are the best way to learn."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of Michael’s program you’ll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on him for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call him at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.