Clayton Utz is the pre-eminent Australian law firm in securitisation. We offer the largest team in Australia and have been involved in most of the significant securitisation transactions in recent years. As a result, we provide clients a deep understanding of the legal, structural and regulatory aspects of securitisation.
Clayton Utz's securitisation lawyers deliver value based on a deep experience advising on the most complex issues in securitisation transactions.
Our lawyers have recently been working with clients to develop new and innovative capital markets instruments such as hybrid securities, synthetic securitisations, structured derivatives, commercial-mortgage backed securities, new classes of asset-backed securities, and covered bonds.
- IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific Awards: awarded Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year (2021)
Read MoreShow Less
Our reputation for innovation is based on a series of firsts, including structuring and documenting the world's first foreign issue into the US under the new Reg AB rules. We also structured and documented Australia's first:
- mortgage conduit program
- Reserve Bank approved bank securitisation
- credit derivative securitisation
- commercial-mortgage backed securitisation by a property trust
- 144A issue of mortgage-backed securities into the US
- US shelf registered mortgage-backed securities issue
- issue of mortgage-backed securities wrapped by a monoline insurer.
Our clients include issuers and authorised deposit-taking institutions. Our securitisation lawyers continue to act in a significant percentage of the Australian public issuances and have in recent times completed Reserve Bank of Australia "repo-eligible" transactions for Commonwealth Bank, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, Bank of Queensland, Macquarie Group and Suncorp.
Our people are leaders in their field, lecturing in securitisation and debt capital markets at the University of New South Wales and the Securities Institute of Australia.
Get in Touch
Get in touch information is loading