Our lawyers have recently been working with clients to develop new and innovative capital markets instruments such as hybrid securities, synthetic securitisations, structured derivatives, commercial-mortgage backed securities, new classes of asset-backed securities, and covered bonds.
Our reputation for innovation is based on a series of firsts, including structuring and documenting the world's first foreign issue into the US under the new Reg AB rules. We also structured and documented Australia's first:
- mortgage conduit program;
- Reserve Bank approved bank securitisation;
- credit derivative securitisation;
- commercial-mortgage backed securitisation by a property trust;
- 144A issue of mortgage-backed securities into the US;
- US shelf registered mortgage-backed securities issue; and
- issue of mortgage-backed securities wrapped by a monoline insurer.
Our clients encompass the full securitisation environment including issuers, arrangers, originators, dealers, funders, swap counterparties and professional trustees. This allows us to understand the drivers and perspectives of all stakeholders and bring these insights into the techniques and structures we afford clients.