Lucy maintains a corporate insurance and reinsurance policyholder insurance practice which involves both disputes and advice work.
She has acted for and advised policyholders on insurance issues arising from regulatory investigations and regulatory proceedings. Lucy also regularly advises clients on issues arising with ASIC and APRA including in relation to licencing issues, breaches or potential breaches of duty or obligations under legislation administered by those bodies. She has also assisted clients enter and exit the Australian market with approval from Australian Regulators. Lucy's advice work often involves close consideration of risk management and compliance.
Read MoreShow Less
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: named a next generation partner in Insurance (2020)
- Best Lawyers Australia: voted by peers as one of Australia's best lawyers in:
- Insurance (2017-2021)
- Lawyers Weekly: Young Guns (2009)
- Law Institute of Victoria President's Award: Nominee for the for best new lawyer (2008)
- Expert Guides Guide to the Word's Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers: Named a Rising Star (2014)
Bachelor of Laws, Deakin University (2004)
Bachelor of Arts, Deakin University (2004)
admitted to practice
High Court of Australia (2007)
Lucy is a member of:
- Women in Insurance (Member of the General Committee)
- Active member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Prahran Insurance Society
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Victorian Women Lawyers Association
Her publications and presentations include:
- Client Presentation "Business impacts of cyber-breaches: What is and is not insured", 1 March 2016.
- Presentation to Prahran Insurance Group, with X Teo, 16 July 2015.
- Client presentation "Mitigating your claim away: an unmitigated disaster", with F Hawke, 3 March 2015.
- Presentation to Women in Insurance, "M&A Insurance Insights", with F Hawke, 10 February 2015.
- Client presentation "M&A Insurance - insights and updates", with F Hawke, 9 September 2014.
- "Directors' indemnities and the Australian Consumer Law: Are you covered?" Clayton Utz Insights, 24 January 2011.
- Presentation to Monash University, Legal team: "Demystifying Insurance and Risk", 27 October 2010.
- Presentation to Australian Insurance Law Association and Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance: "Annual Review Seminar 2010 - Reinsurance cases ", 19 May 2010.
- Presentation to Clayton Utz Construction Department: "Insurance Tips for Construction Lawyers", 6 April 2010.
- Presentation to Clayton Utz Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department: "Legal Professional Privilege- do you live in joyful anticipation of litigation?", 26 October 2009.
- Presentation to Not-for-Profit organisations: "Civil Liability and Insurance: Not-for-Profits Organisations and Volunteers", 14 July 2009.
- Presentation to Not-for-Profit organisations: "Legal Health Check for Not-for-Profits", 7 February 2008.
- Presentation to Clayton Utz Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department: "Settlement with third parties when indemnity is in dispute", 16 June 2008.
Related knowledge information is loading