As an experienced commercial litigator, Danielle Davison represents a range of major corporations, insurers, liquidators and government clients in a broad range of legal disputes in the State and Federal Courts.
Danielle is also a specialist in the complex area of insurance law. She is committed to helping clients understand their insurance coverage, indemnity, liability risks and assisting them with their prospects of recovery. Danielle has been involved in conducting complex commercial litigation and large-scale insurance coverage disputes involving multiple stakeholders.
Danielle maintains a diverse client base across mining and resources, water, property and financial services sectors.
Read MoreShow Less
Master of Laws, Queensland University of Technology (2006)
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University (2002)
Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business (IB), Queensland University of Technology (2001)
admitted to practice
Australian Capital Territory (2002)
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Insurance Law Association
Expand allCollapse all
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Danielle has extensive commercial litigation experience in both the State and Federal jurisdictions. This experience includes:
- acting for a multinational mining corporation engaged in a significant piece of Federal Court litigation with its joint venture partner concerning the proper construction of their joint venture agreement;
- conducting a challenging piece of multi-party litigation in the Supreme Court of Queensland for the liquidators of a Japanese land development corporation;
- acting for a significant Australian petroleum company in the Supreme Court of Queensland in a complex leasing dispute;
- representing a multinational building corporation in a Federal Court claim for an interim injunction and final relief for misleading and deceptive conduct, common law passing off and trade mark infringement; and
- acting for a multinational corporation engaged in Supreme Court of Queensland litigation with a competitor in a breach of confidence case. This included the execution of Anton Piller orders at the competitor's place of business.
See Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Insurance and Risk
Danielle regularly provides legal advice to clients on the complex area of insurance law. This experience includes:
- reviewing clients' insurance programs and advising on coverage issues and policy enhancements;
- advising clients on insurance and liability risk transfer issues in relation to corporate restructures;
- providing advice to a multinational corporation in relation to a significant insurance claim arising out of the 2011 Queensland floods incident; and
- advising and acting for clients who are insured in respect of large-scale "alliance style" commercial projects.
See Insurance and Risk
Related knowledge information is loading