Mark has extensive experience in complex environmental approval, compliance, due diligence and contaminated sites matters.
Mark has practiced as a specialist environment and planning lawyer for over 8 years at Senior Associate level in major Australian law firms. During this time, Mark has acted for industrial, public sector utility and mine-site operators and landowners with environmental incidents involving:
• transportation of controlled waste;
• hydrocarbon spillage;
• noise, odour and fugitive dust emission;
• atmospheric stack discharge;
• discharge of mine dewater;
• tailings storage facility discharge to groundwater; and
• sediment and sewage discharge to surface water.
Mark's experience includes reporting obligations, root cause analysis and regulatory investigation response.