Catherine Parry is respected for her skills as a specialist dispute resolution lawyer in the construction sector.
Having practised as an advocate at the New South Wales Bar for eight years, Catherine has a powerful ability to present her client's case to its best advantage, and the dedication to successfully resolve often very complex construction disputes. She has acted on behalf of major Australian construction companies and key players in energy and resources and draws on an additional 20 years' experience practising in top-tier law firms in London, Sydney and Brisbane.
Read MoreShow Less
Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide (1985)
Bachelor of Economics, University of Adelaide (1986)
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, South Australian Institute of Technology (1985)
admitted to practice
South Australia (1985)
New South Wales (1989)
High Court of Australia (2002)
Federal Court of Australia (2002)
England and Wales (2006)
- Queensland Law Society
- Society of Construction Law
Expand allCollapse all
Construction and Major Projects
Energy and Resources
Catherine has specialist expertise in resolving construction disputes for her clients. She has acted for participants in the energy and resources sector on a range of matters, including the resolution of disputes with suppliers and contractors, Security of Payment debt recovery proceedings and offshore fatal industrial accidents.
Major construction and engineering companies
Catherine has represented major construction and engineering companies in arbitration proceedings and associated disputes with contractors.
Catherine has been involved in advising on:
- mediation of complex claims for a major energy and resources clients in connection with New South Wales Power Plants, a Victorian pipeline project and a major New Zealand resources project;
- proceedings in the Queensland Supreme Court acting for a local authority and water management authority in relation to anti-flooding technology;
- a commercial dispute between a South Australian water authority and infrastructure company in relation to complex pricing issues;
- a construction and engineering dispute in relation to the Williamstown Shipyard in Victoria;
- Commonwealth offshore health and safety laws arising from fatality on-board an oil exploration rig in the Bass Strait; and
- a mediation of significant damage claims relating to loss of Royal Australian Navy submarine search and rescue asset at sea in waters off the Western Australian coast.
See Construction and Major Projects
Related knowledge information is loading