As a US licensed attorney specialising in Global eDiscovery and Managed Review Services on an international scale, Alicia brings over 15 years of experience managing document review projects of various size and scope, including the largest global project in the industry.
She has had the opportunity to build and lead diverse eDiscovery teams in the US, Europe, South America and Asia. Alicia is CIPP/E certified, focused on GDPR and overall data privacy law compliance.
Read MoreShow Less
- Bachelor of Arts, University of San Francisco (1997)
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami School of Law (2002)
- Admitted to Florida Bar (2003 - Inactive)
- Admitted to California Bar (2009 - Active)
- CIPP/E - Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe (2018 - Active)
Admitted to practice
- Women in eDiscovery
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Expand allCollapse all
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- While at a previous firm, Alicia built up and led an international team of over 400 review attorneys and over 40 full-time eDiscovery professionals on a large global matter for an automotive client. Assisted the client in devising workflow strategy for review of documents in scope for production in a number of different countries and jurisdictions. Responsible for being the point of contact for the client, law firms and vendors for all matters relating to the document review, which spanned several years and included the review of over 50 million documents.
- While at a previous firm, Alicia led a team tasked with drafting a comprehensive playbook around Global Document Review, to be accessed by all global offices of the firm. This playbook set out a guideline of standards to be followed in the design of all document reviews conducted by the firm, making allowances for different legal standards in various global jurisdictions.
- While at a previous firm, Alicia managed teams of document review attorneys for several large copyright infringement matters for clients in the retail and music industries.
Mining / Oil & Gas
- While at a previous firm, Alicia organised workflow and recruited and led a team of attorneys conducting the review of data in English and Portuguese, in an action brought by the Brazilian government against a mining company for liability around a dam collapse.
- While at a previous firm, Alicia designed workflow and built up a team of review attorneys onsite in India for the review of documents in a matter where the regulator was investigating a large financial services client for fraud.
Life Science and Health
- While at a previous firm, Alicia led a team of 50-100 review attorneys in the review of documents for a patent infringement action on behalf of a multinational Pharmaceutical client.
Related knowledge information is loading