Sydney, 7 April 2017: Clayton Utz has featured prominently for the sixth consecutive year in the 2018 Best Lawyers Australia list released today and published in detail in The Australian Financial Review (AFR) online.
Best Lawyers Australia recognises the nation's top legal talent, based on peer evaluations from across the legal industry.
This year, 169 Clayton Utz partners and lawyers were voted by their peers as among Australia's best lawyers, with eight first-time entrants. Clayton Utz was also named the 2018 Law Firm of the Year in the areas of Litigation and Real Property Law.
Fourteen Clayton Utz partners were also named Lawyer of the Year in their respective specialisations and primary jurisdictions:
- Alfonso del Rio - Leasing Law, Canberra
- Andrew Morrison - Product Liability Litigation, Melbourne
- Brendan Groves - Commercial Law, Melbourne
- Naomi Kelly - Construction/Infrastructure Law, Melbourne
- Stuart Pill - Employee Benefits Law, Melbourne
- Barry Dunphy - Government Practice, Brisbane
- Dale Brackin - Construction/Infrastructure Law, Brisbane
- Ian Bloemendal - Product Liability Litigation
- Karen Trainor - Climate Change Law, Brisbane
- Simon Newcomb - Outsourcing Law, Brisbane
- Tim Reid - Corporate Law, Brisbane
- David Stammers - Venture Capital Law, Sydney
- Doug Jones AO (Consultant) - International Arbitration, Sydney
- Saul Harben - Labour and Employment Law, Perth
Chief Executive Partner Rob Cutler said the number of Clayton Utz partners on the list reflected their standing among their professional peers. "Other lawyers have a unique insight into the subtleties and complexities of the work their peers do, and what makes them outstanding lawyers. It's fantastic to see that they rate so many of our partners and lawyers as among the best - as we do."