Sydney, 5 April 2013: Clayton Utz has featured prominently in the 2013 Best Lawyers Australia list, with a record 12 partners voted by their peers as 'Lawyer of the Year' in their areas of specialisation and main jurisdiction of practice.
Thirty-one Clayton Utz partners have also made their Best Lawyers Australia debut this year, while a further 32 are listed in a new practice area in addition to their previous listing. Clayton Utz achieved a total of 121 individual listings in this year's survey, up from 95 listings last year.
The Clayton Utz partners singled out as 2013 Best Lawyers Australia 'Lawyers of the Year', the full list of which is published in today's edition of The Australian Financial Review, are:
- John Carroll – Government Lawyer of the Year, Canberra
- Randal Dennings – Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year, Brisbane
- Sergio Capelli – Construction/Infrastructure Lawyer of the Year, Sydney
- Paul Fitzpatrick – Competition Lawyer of the Year, Perth
- Colin Loveday – Product Liability Lawyer of the Year, Sydney
- Andrew Jinks – Debt Capital Markets Lawyer of the Year, Sydney
- Michael Klug – Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year, Brisbane
- Mark Mackay – Real Property Lawyer of the Year, Brisbane
- Tim Reid – Corporate Lawyer of the Year, Brisbane
- Andrew Smith – Oil & Gas Lawyer of the Year, Brisbane
- Karen Trainor – Climate Change Lawyer of the Year, Brisbane
- Peter Wiese – Oil & Gas Lawyer of the Year, Perth
Partners who are new entrants to the list are:
Jennifer Ball - Litigation; Glen Bartlett - Government ; Brendan Bateman - Climate Change, Planning and Environment; Doug Bishop - Litigation; Philip Bisset - Tax; Simon Brady - Commercial; Stuart Byrne - Mergers and Acquisitions; Emma Covacevich - Oil and Gas; Jamie Doran - Government; Sallyanne Everett - Planning and Environment; Kirsten Fish - Tax; Alastair Gregory - Real Property; Saul Harben - Labour and Employment, Occupational Health and Safety; Owen Hayford - Construction/Infrastructure; Naomi Kelly - Construction/Infrastructure; Steven Klimt - Banking and Finance; Bruce Lloyd - Commercial; Nick Mavrakis - Litigation; Shae McCartney - Labour and Employment; John McGuire - Real Property; Ross McInnes - Product Liability; Rory Moriarty - Mining; Andrew Morrison - Product Liability; Fred Prickett - Litigation; Mary Pringle - Real Property; Jo Pugsley - Construction/Infrastructure; Scott Sharry - Litigation; Nick Thomas - Planning and Environment; Simon Truskett - Commercial; Andrew Walker - Commercial, Corporate Governance; Robbie Walker - Labour and Employment.
Commenting on the results, Clayton Utz chief executive partner Darryl McDonough said: "This is fantastic peer recognition of the individuals concerned; I congratulate them on their achievement."