Real Estate Markets
Our Real Estate Markets group is an established, multidisciplinary, national group, which draws on expertise in structured property finance, construction and major projects, environment and planning, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, asset management and funds management, to provide a seamless integrated service to clients across Australia and globally.
From initial structuring through to negotiation of legal documentation, regulatory approvals, due diligence and closing the deal, our Real Estate Markets team gives you pragmatic solutions for your business both in Australia and across international boundaries.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2012: "They have a service provider approach, are dedicated to what the client wants, and the level of their advice is more informed and comprehensive than that of other firms:
- APL500 2011: has a "well-directed, strength-in-depth team" providing national coverage.
- Chambers Global 2010: clients "appreciate the group’s commercial capability, ease of access to senior partners".
- APL500 2009: "praise the team for its 'extremely high-quality work'".
Read MoreShow Less
What sets us apart?
- Our multidisciplinary expertise in the real estate investment industry means we can provide legal advice at each stage of your real estate investment project.
- The strength and depth of our team is enhanced by our close contacts with industry associations and regulatory authorities. We know how to fast-track relevant approvals
- Our ability to provide seamless, quality advice on major cross-border projects and transactions – particularly inbound investment coming out of Asia into Australia.
Clayton Utz's national Real Estate Markets team is amongst the largest and most well regarded in Australia, with members who are consistently recognised as leading practitioners by Chambers Global, Euromoney, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Australia's Best Lawyers and other independent guides.
How we can help clients:
- Innovate solutions: At Clayton Utz we think beyond the square – combining our core property expertise with funds management, financing and taxation to devise innovative strategic legal advice that takes full advantage of tax-effective solutions and creative financing options.
- Seamless advice on cross-border projects: We work with you wherever you are, and wherever you want to invest. Working seamlessly with foreign legal teams, we give you the local expertise you need to meet your commercial objectives. This collaborative approach has been highly successful for our clients making major investments from offshore – largely from Asia – into Australia.
- Ability to provide legal advice at all stages of a project: Our lawyers provide prompt and practical solutions at each stage of a real estate investment project – from initial structuring of the special purpose vehicle (whether listed or unlisted, wholesale or retail) to closing the deal and managing the underlying assets – commercial, industrial, residential, hotel, retirement villages, campuses and infrastructure.
Who do we act for?
We advise the full spectrum of real estate industry participants in Australia and overseas including:
- Property fund managers
- Real estate investment trusts (listed/unlisted)
- Equity providers and sponsors
- Debt financiers
- Investment banks
- Foreign institutional investors
- Global investment and advisory firms
- Contractors and operators
- Hotel owners and operators
- Superannuation funds
- Government authorities in Australia
Get in Touch
Get in touch information is loading
Related knowledge information is loading