Coverage where you need it
- Because we've got offices in all of Australia's major energy and resources hubs, our clients can tap into the specialised skills and advice of one of Australia's largest energy and resources teams – where and when they need it.
Experience at the coalface
- We live and breathe E&R. We are dedicated industry specialists with knowledge developed through years of deep involvement at a corporate, project and operational level.
- Across Australia, the Asia-Pacific and Africa, we advise investors and sponsors on major energy, mining and infrastructure projects and transactions. From exploration to feasibility through construction and operation, we've got you covered.
What we do
- Act on all issues associated with E&R projects and investments from regulatory issues to mining approvals, project developments to emissions trading.
- Advise on energy and resource-related infrastructure projects, including the construction and development of pipelines, terminals, ports and rail facilities.
- Work with our international partner firms to ensure our clients receive seamless, quality advice on major cross-border projects and transactions.
Who we work with
- Overseas clients who wish to invest in Australia's energy and resources sector or establish offtake / long-term supply arrangements with Australian suppliers.
Participants across all E&R sectors including metals and minerals, coal, LNG, electricity generation and distribution and renewable energy.
Australia Pacific LNG: Advising (as project counsel) on the A$25 billion Australia Pacific LNG project (ranked among the 10 largest LNG projects in the world) since inception.
Tokyo Gas: Acting for Tokyo Gas in relation to its interest in the A$24 billion QCLNG project with joint venturers Shell and CNOOC (ranked among the 10 largest LNG projects in the world).
EMR Capital: Advising on its competitive bid for Rio Tinto coal assets and the US$2.25 billion acquisition (with Indonesia's Adaro) of the Kestral mine.
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners: Advising on its partnership with Australia's Offshore Energy Ltd to develop the proposed A$8 billion 2GW "Star of the South" project, Australia's first offshore windfarm, and Australia's largest ever windfarm project.
Sun Brilliance: Advising on its 100mw solar power project, which will be one of the largest renewable deals ever done in WA and Australia's largest solar power project by output;
Tianqi Lithium Corporation: Advising on its $400 million lithium hydroxide processing plant in Kwinana, Western Australia and recent expansion of Greenbushes Mine (supplying 30% of the world's lithium concentrate supply).
Aurizon, Macquarie Group and Brookfield: Advising on their joint bid for Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET).
Kawasaki Heavy Industries: Advised on the recently launched Hydrogen Energy Supply Chain Project, which involves the development of a pilot hydrogen production plant in Victoria that will produce liquefied hydrogen from brown coal – the first project of its kind in the world.
Peabody: Advising on its US$10 billion corporate restructure (one of the world’s largest restructurings involving the world’s largest private coal company).
Squadron Energy: Advising Andrew Forrest's Squadron Energy on the AIE LNG joint venture with Japanese trading house Marubeni and JERA.
Northern Territory Government: advising on the Northern Gas Pipeline (formerly North East Gas Interconnector) project which will link Australia's northern and eastern gas markets.
MMG: Advising on the sale of its Golden Grove mine located in Western Australia to EMR Capital for US$210 million.
John Laing: Advising across all 3 stages of its investment in the Hornsdale Wind Farm, partnering with French renewable energy producer, Neoen, and local partner, Megawatt Capital Investments.
Adani Group companies: Advising on matters relating to Abbot Point Port and the multi-billion dollar Carmichael Coal and Rail Project (Australia's largest coal project).
New Hope: Advising across all legal aspects of the New Acland Coal Mine Stage 3 Project.
Adani Solar: Assisting with their South Australian and Queensland project tenure and approvals.
Ergon Energy: Advising Ergon Energy across a range of leading edge solar and wind renewable energy and storage projects.
Senex Energy: Advising Senex across a range of recent matters including its strategic relationship with, and placement to, EIG Global Energy Partners (US), and its Western Surat Gas Project
Stanwell Corporation: Advising Stanwell (Queensland's largest electricity generator) across all of its recent gas and electricity contracts including gas trading and transport arrangements.