Workplace Investigations – Developing Your Framework
Get in touch information is loading
Workplace investigations are becoming almost common place and they are a crucial step to the successful resolution of a complaint or, if necessary, the defence of a legal claim against the employer. Each investigation is unique but applying a regimented framework will help you manage the investigation and reach a successful outcome.
Who should attend our Workplace Investigations workshop?
- Legal staff
- Human resources staff
- Anyone who is responsible for investigating allegations of misconduct.
What we'll cover
It is important to have a plan to address the vagaries of the investigation process. We will step you through the dos and don’ts of conducting workplace investigations, including:
- Development of a framework or approach when conducting investigations
- The legal tips and traps and appropriate risk management steps during an investigation
- How to effectively manage confidentiality:
- Directions to individuals to maintain it
- The need to disclose sufficient information to enable a response and responding to breaches
- Key issues in conducting specific types of investigation including the management of regulatory requirements
- Understanding the role of external legal advice including whether the investigation should be conducted internally, externally and what resources are required
- Picking up the pieces – how to conclude the investigation and take steps to move on
- How do you find that “business as usual” position?
What you'll learn
- We’ll help you decipher the legal requirements impacting workplace investigations, be aware of the trends and issues in current workplace investigation cases and appropriately plan for and conduct the investigation.
- We can provide essential guidance for the development of your workplace investigation protocol, so that you can minimise the complexity of an investigation while ensuring it is thorough.
8.15am for 8.30am - 12.45pm
Cost: Inc GST
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Workplace Investigations workshop
"The case study interaction was most useful and helped bring together the higher level theory."
"All presenters were terrific and very engaging."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.