Managing Ill and Injured Employees
||Brisbane: 16 March 2018
8.15am for 8.30am - 12.45pm
$673 per person
$606 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$572 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
This is perhaps one of the more complex areas of employee management as it requires the employer to understand the nature and extent of an injury or illness suffered by an employee, how this impacts upon their ability to return to the role for which they are employed, and the consequential business impacts.
It is an area fraught with emotion and further complicated by the intersection of workers’ compensation laws, discrimination laws and unfair dismissal laws, where every step that an employer takes in the management process can be subject to challenge.
Who should attend?
- Legal staff
- Human resources staff
- Anyone with responsibility for managing ill and injured employees.
What we’ll cover
We will unpack some of the complexity surrounding this issue and address some recent case law developments in this space, including:
- The legislative framework that impacts upon managing ill and injured employees
- How to address and respond to a sudden change in a worker’s medical status
- How to engage properly with a worker who cannot perform their role because of medical incapacity
- Practical strategies for managing long-term absences, return to work and rehabilitation process and requesting medical evidence
- Managing and responding to workers' compensation claims.
What you’ll learn
You’ll be able to:
- Identify the legislative restrictions and legal risks that arise when managing ill and injured employees
- Avoid procedural deficiencies and minimise the risk of discrimination, bullying, unfair dismissal, adverse action and workers’ compensation claims
- Develop practical strategies to minimise the risk of claims, and promote a safe and healthy workplace with increased productivity and positive team relationships
- Actively manage and respond to workers’ compensation claims.
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.