The Fundamentals of Legislation
Get in touch information is loading
A major role of government agencies is to administer legislation. Legislation is important to government in many ways. It is used diversely to implement policies, set out a framework for decision-making, regulate activity in the private sector, and prohibit conduct.
This introductory workshop will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the construction, operation and interpretation of legislative frameworks.
Who should attend our Fundamentals of Legislation workshop?
- Anyone who’s just joined the public service
- Officers who need an update on legislative processes
- Officers who want to deepen their understanding of legislation’s structure and interpretation.
What we'll cover
- Background and overview of the legislative process including Executive Government and Parliamentary processes
- The role of Executive Government and the Parliament in the legislation making process
- The making of legislation, regulations and statutory instruments
- The administrative arrangements and responsibility for the administration of legislation
- Understanding legislative frameworks
- Core assumptions in the design and structure of legislation and legislative frameworks
- The structure and operation of legislative frameworks
- The role of regulations, statutory instruments and policies
- Introduction to interpreting legislation and statutory instruments
- Key issues under the Acts Interpretation Act 1954.
What you'll learn
You’ll develop an understanding of:
- The role of the Executive Government and Parliament in legislation-making processes
- The current legislation making processes in Queensland
- The design, structure and operation of legislation
- The role of various instruments included within a legislative framework.
21 June 2019 | 11 October 2019
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Fundamentals of Legislation workshop
"Provided me with great overall understanding of legislation and tips of reviewing Acts. Definitely information I can share with my team."
"I found the practical process in understanding legislative requirements very valuable."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.