Refresher on Compulsory Acquisition of Land Statutory Processes
||Brisbane: 14 March 2018
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
$673 per person
$606 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$572 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
The power to compulsorily acquire land can present a variety of legal problems.
This refresher workshop focuses on the practical issues facing constructing authorities.
Learn from our experienced team about current best practice in exercising compulsory acquisition powers with a focus on current and recurring issues.
Who should attend?
Personnel in government departments, government-owned corporations and local councils involved in, or with an interest in, land acquisition issues.
What we’ll cover
- Sources of acquisition power
- Acquisition for a private infrastructure purpose
- What is an interest in land?
- Procedural requirements for notices of intention to resume
- Objection process
- Mechanisms for taking land
- What happens if you no longer require the land?
- Overview of compensation principles
- The relevance of natural justice
- How to minimise the risks of challenge to the process.
What you’ll learn
- What the acquisition process is all about
- What issues to look for at the beginning of the process
- How to protect your acquisition process from the threat of litigation.
What our clients say
"Very relevant to current work and projects and great details."
"Great course! Going through important cases is always welcomed!"
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.
We also offer:
- Compulsory Acquisition of Land – How to Negotiate Compensation Claims, Prepare for Mediation, and Conduct Land Court Proceedings (24 July 2018)
- Compulsory Acquisition of Land – Compensation Master Class (17 May 2018).