Recordkeeping for the Public Sector
Get in touch information is loading
As technology is fundamentally changing the way that we work, it’s also requiring changes to recordkeeping practice and procedure to ensure that the records received and/or generated by public sector agencies are dealt with in accordance with the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld).
The central risk for public sector agencies is failing to ensure that recordkeeping practice and procedure are up to date with changes in technology and work practice, causing compliance with the Public Records Act to suffer, which then can lead to serious legal and even reputational consequences.
This course will set out the key recordkeeping requirements and obligations established under the Public Records Act, the recently introduced Records Governance Policy and the relevant Information Standards , examine the key compliance risks presented by technological and work practice changes, and set out steps that public sector agencies can take to mitigate these risks. The course will also examine the key emerging issues and trends in this area.
Who should attend our Recordkeeping for the Public Sector workshop?
- Public sector records and information management practitioners
- Public sector information policy practitioners
- Public sector officers with compliance obligations and responsibilities
- Public sector policy officers who deal with information and recordkeeping issues.
What we'll cover
- The requirements and obligations under the Public Records Act, Records Governance Policy and relevant Information Standards
- The key changes in technology and work practices and relevant compliance response including:
- The use of personal email accounts
- Smart phones and text messages
- Pace of work and a lack of records
- The risks of not complying with the requirements and obligations established under the Public Records Act
- Emerging issues and trends.
What you'll learn
- The key requirements and obligations established under the Public Records Act, Records Governance Policy and relevant Information Standards for recordkeeping
- The key risks presented by changes to technology and work practices, and the appropriate compliance responses to these risks
- Emerging issues and trends in this area.
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.