Managing Persistent Complainants – Masterclass
Get in touch information is loading
Managing complaints effectively can often be both a complex and lengthy process which requires a range of varied skills and expertise as well as persistence and patience. And those skills and virtues are being called upon more and more in the public sector, not only because of the complexity of statutory complaints processes, but the greater public and staff awareness and use of those processes.
Public sector officers who deal with these types of complainants must have a detailed understanding of the legal framework in which the complaint was made, as well as strategies and practical steps to manage the complaint ‒ and the complainant.
This course will provide an overview of the key complaints frameworks in the Queensland public sector and will then tap into shared experiences in a Chatham House setting to explore strategies and practical steps for managing and dealing with this type of complainant and the complaint.
Who should attend our Managing Persistent Complainants workshop?
- Complaints management officers
- Integrity officers
- Human resource, people and culture practitioners.
What we'll cover
- The key aspects of the Queensland's core statutory complaints processes, including the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 (Qld),
the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Act (Qld)
- Strategies and practical steps to adopt in dealing with complaints from persistent complainants.
What you'll learn
- The key aspects and requirements of Queensland core statutory complaints processes
- How to practically manage and deal with a persistent complainant including initial strategies and practical steps.
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.