Making Sound Decisions – Practical Government Decision-Making, Delegations and Authorisations – Register your interest
Get in touch information is loading
Government and Ministerial decision-making is becoming increasingly complex. Recent developments continue to highlight the importance of administrative law principles and the liability issues relating to administrative decision-making.
This workshop examines the administrative processes that are essential for making good decisions and the key issues to be aware of.
Who should attend our Practical Government Decision-Making, Delegations and Authorisations workshop?
- Government lawyers
- Government officers who make key decisions
- Anyone who is involved in providing advice or briefing notes to Ministers or senior decision-makers.
What we'll cover
- Establishing proper authority for the decision-making process
- Delegation of authority
- The fundamental steps to be followed in developing a lawful decision-making process
- Identifying, gathering and analysing relevant evidence
- The difficulties arising from the receipt of confidential or informant information
- The proper handling of legal advice and inadvertent waiver of legal professional privilege
- The obligations imposed by the rules of natural justice and the development of practical procedures to comply with these obligations
- Legal issues in relation to briefing notes
- Processes and drafting of statements of reasons
- Avoiding liability issues including negligence, damages and misfeasance in public office
- Recent legislative developments.
What you'll learn
This workshop will provide you with the ability to make better decisions through:
- An understanding of recent developments in administrative law
- A highly regarded decision-making model which you can immediately apply
- Practical skills in preparing briefing notes and statements of reasons
- Knowing how to identify and avoid potential risks and issues.
1.30pm for 2.00pm - 5.00pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.