Intensive Administrative Investigations – Register your interest
Get in touch information is loading
Because they can often deal with highly sensitive issues, such as allegations of corruption or misconduct, administrative investigations can require detailed knowledge and understanding not only of the factual issues which are the subject of the investigation, but also of specific legal issues (such as those arising under the statute triggering the investigation) and general legal issues (such as natural justice and evidence issues). Since a career and professional reputation are on the line, the stakes are high, so an investigator must conduct a sound, robust and effective investigation that can withstand high levels of scrutiny and even legal challenge.
This intensive workshop course focuses on the core skills for undertaking investigations in this environment, ranging from legal skills such as construing statutory provisions and requirements relevant to an investigation through to more practical skills such as interviewing witnesses and drafting statements.
Who should attend our Intensive Administrative Investigations workshop?
- Public sector officers who conduct administrative investigations
- Integrity officers
- Human resource and people and culture practitioners.
What we'll cover
- Statutory construction and interpretation – understanding your role and what the investigation has been set up to establish
- Legal risks and issues – the key legal issues that need to be managed by an investigator
- Evidence issues – gathering and analysing evidence
- Practical skills – interviewing witnesses, taking and drafting witness statements
- Closing out the investigation – writing a report or advice and finalising the investigation.
What you'll learn
- How to conduct a sound, robust and effective investigation.
1.30pm for 2.00pm - 5.00pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.