Inquests, Inquiries and Royal Commissions
Get in touch information is loading
Dr. Ashley Tsacalos will present a case study on some of the most topical inquiries in the country in the last 12 months, namely, the Dreamworld Coronial Inquest, the NSW RSL Inquiry and the Sydney Stadiums Parliamentary Inquiry.
The session will provide you with valuable insight from someone who has been involved in all three inquiries including preparation, strategy, issues and the differences between parliamentary inquiries, coronial inquiries and commissions of inquiry.
Who should attend our Inquests, Inquiries and Royal Commissions workshop?
- Government officers
- Managers in the public sector seeking to ensure best practice in their teams
- Anyone who is interested in how inquiries work.
What we'll cover
- Types of inquiries (ICAC, Commissions, Parliamentary)
- Practice and procedure in inquiries
- Case studies including the Dreamworld Coronial Inquest, the NSW RSL Inquiry and the Sydney Stadiums Parliamentary Inquiry.
What you'll learn
- An overview of the key oversight and accountability mechanisms specific to the public sector
- How to identify and avoid common public sector risks and issues
- The accountability obligations on public sector officers.
1.30pm for 2.00pm - 5.00pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.