Government Tendering and Contracting
Get in touch information is loading
Governments regularly enter into contractual arrangements to buy goods and services, deliver projects, and to implement programs. If you’re involved in drafting, negotiating or managing contracts, you need to understand the government procurement and contracting process.
This workshop explores frequently encountered difficulties in dealing with tendering and contracts in the government sector.
Who should attend our Government Tendering and Contracting workshop?
- Lawyers and non-lawyers who have existing experience in entering into and managing contracts
- Senior managers who regularly have to make calls on the tough issues in contractual negotiations.
What we'll cover
- New models of contracting – benefits and limitations for the public sector
- Contracting framework
- Formation of contracts
- Contracts formed in the tendering process
- Risks in tendering and negotiations
- Negotiations – how they impact
- Negotiation of specific issues – how to deal with difficult issues including indemnities, intellectual property rights, insurance, limitation of liability, liquidated damages and remedies
- Interpretation of contracts
- Drafting tips
- Managing contracts
- What to do when things go wrong
- Practical case studies and scenarios.
What you'll learn
At the end of the workshop you’ll:
- Be more confident in preparing, negotiating and reviewing contracts
- Understand how contractual terms and conditions are going to be interpreted
- Understand the keys to managing contracts
- Be able to identify critical legal risk issues and understand how these can be managed
- Be able to raise issues of concern.
10 October 2019
8.45am for 9.00am - 4.30pm
$1,374 per person
$1,237 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,168 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Government Tendering and Contracting workshop
"It is of great value having a legal understanding of contracts and procurement in order to feel confident and empowered to lead and influence procurement processes."
"The content was relevant, easy to follow and apply considering its complexity. The material was engaging and interesting and broad enough to be applicable across the whole public sector."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.