Government Tendering and Contracting
Brisbane: 5 September 2017
Sydney: 15 September 2017
Perth: 20 October 2017
Melbourne: 27 October 2017
Darwin: 10 November 2017
8.45am for 9.00am - 4.45pm
$1,306 per person
$1,176 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,111 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
71 Eagle Street
Sydney: Level 15, 1 Bligh Street
Perth: Level 27, QV1 Building,
250 St George's Terrace
Melbourne: Level 18, 333 Collins Street
Darwin: Hilton Hotel, 32 Mitchell Street
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
Government agencies enter into a myriad of contractual arrangements to buy goods and services, deliver products and to implement programs. If you’re involved in drafting, negotiating or managing contracts, you need to be aware of the legal implications to ensure you don’t expose your agency to unnecessary risk.
This workshop explores frequently encountered difficulties in dealing with contracts in the public sector.
Who should attend?
- Lawyers and non-lawyers who have existing experience in entering into and managing contracts
- Senior managers who regularly have to make calls on the tough issues or deal with impasses in contractual negotiations.
What we’ll cover
- New models of contracting – benefits and limitations for the public sector
- Contracting framework
- Formation of contracts
- Contracts formed in the tendering process
- Risks in tendering and negotiations
- Negotiations – how they impact
- Negotiation of specific issues – how to deal with difficult issues including indemnities, intellectual property rights, insurance, limitation of liability, liquidated damages and remedies
- Interpretation of contracts
- Drafting tips
- Managing contracts
- What to do when things go wrong
- Practical case studies and scenarios.
What you’ll learn
At the end of the workshop you’ll:
- Be more confident in preparing, negotiating and reviewing contracts
- Understand how contractual terms and conditions are going to be interpreted
- Understand the keys to managing contracts
- Be able to identify critical legal risk issues and understand how these can be managed
- Be able to raise issues of concern.
What our clients say
“Excellent workshop, highly relevant.”
“Great examples – easy to relate to industry.”
“The presenter was very clear and was able to present legal terms in a simple language.”
“Very useful. Entertaining – kept audience engaged.”
“Well worth attending! I was able to ask many questions regarding issues that are affecting the contracts / procurements I’m involved in.”
"The content was relevant, easy to follow and apply considering its complexity. The material was engaging and interesting and broad enough to be applicable across the whole public sector."
"It is of great value having a legal understanding of contracts and procurement in order to feel confident and empowered to lead and influence procurement processes."
"Awesome training session. Jamie has extensive knowledge and experience with the subject and was able to explain how to identify risks and explain why in an interactive and enjoyable way."
"You couldn't ask for a better and more engaging presenter. Jamie actually makes legal issues easy to understand."
"Great overview and I have an increased knowledge of legal risks to look out for and how to treat these risks."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.