Fundamental Skills for the Public Service
||Darwin: 4 August 2017 | 17 November 2017
8.45am for 9.00am - 4.45pm
$1,306 per person
$1,176 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,111 per person if in a group of three or more
Darwin: Hilton Hotel, 32 Mitchell Street
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
The public sector is dynamic, fluid and highly significant, as it’s responsible for the administration of public policy and the delivery of a range of essential services and programs for the community. This unique context and operating environment mean that public servants must manage and deal with an array of challenging and often complex situations and issues ‒ and have a range of knowledge and skills particular to the public service.
This workshop will identify and explain the key areas of knowledge and skills that public servants must obtain and develop to enable them to operate effectively and efficiently in a public sector context.
Who should attend?
- Recently appointed public sector officers
- Public sector officers seeking a refresher course
What we’ll cover
- The key aspects of the structure of government and the role of a public sector officer
- Understanding and interpreting Acts and Regulations, with a focus on key provisions contained in the Interpretation Dealing with government records and documents – the regulatory requirements established under the Information Act which includes privacy and information access requirements and obligations as well as recordkeeping requirements and obligations
- Key requirements and aspects of statutory decision-making processes and procedures
- Integrity and accountability requirements
What you’ll learn
An overview of the key areas of knowledge and essential skills required for public sector officers.
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.