Freedom of Information – Introduction
||Melbourne: 14 February 2017
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
$673 per person
$606 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$572 per person if in a group of three or more
Melbourne: Level 18, 333 Collins Street
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
This half-day workshop will provide you with an understanding of the requirements of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 1982 which is essential for all public sector employees, not just FOI officers.
Who should attend?
- Government lawyers who occasionally advise on FOI requests
- Government employees and managers who receive or handle FOI request
- FOI officers.
What we’ll cover
- Purpose and objectives of the FOI Act 1982
- Procedures for handling requests
- Identifying documents relevant to the request
- Commonly claimed exemptions (including recent cases)
- Preparing statements of reasons
- Update on legislative changes
- Role of the Information Commissioner
- Review and appeal processes
- Request scenario exercises.
What you’ll learn
- An enhanced understanding of the key issues and requirements
- Up to date knowledge of the legislation and key cases.
What our clients say
"I had a ball at this training session."
"Thank you for the best training session in a decade."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.