Conducting Corruption and Misconduct Investigations – Covering All the Bases
Get in touch information is loading
The recent changes to the jurisdiction of the Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) mean that while the CCC has oversight responsibility for dealing with allegations of corrupt conduct in the public sector, it will be the responsibility of agencies to effectively deal with and investigate allegations of misconduct which are not corrupt conduct. If they do not, the agency and its senior officers could be exposed to adverse legal and reputational consequences.
This workshop will consider a broad range of alleged misconduct and why agencies must develop sound and robust systems and procedures, including investigatory processes and procedures, to appropriately and comprehensively deal with, and investigate, allegations of alleged misconduct.
You will also get an overview of how to establish sound and robust processes and procedures in dealing with allegations of misconduct, including how to effectively conduct misconduct investigations.
Who should attend our Conducting Corruption and Misconduct Investigations workshop?
- Legal officers
- People and culture managers/ HR managers
- Senior managers.
What we'll cover
- Determining whether the conduct in question is corrupt conduct or misconduct
- Managing key legal risks and issues arising over the course of the investigation:
- Natural justice issues
- Confidentiality issues
- The application of the Right to Information Act 2009
- Key issues in gathering evidence
- Steps and processes in concluding an investigation.
What you'll learn
- Understanding when misconduct constitutes corrupt conduct
- An overview of the necessary steps and processes to establishing and conducting a robust and sound misconduct investigation.
22 May 2019
2 October 2019
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
Cost: Inc GST
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Level 28, 71 Eagle Street
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.