Compulsory Acquisition of Land – Compensation Masterclass
Get in touch information is loading
Under the compulsory acquisition statutory framework, a constructing authority must pay compensation to the land owner and other persons with an interest in land that has been compulsorily acquired.
Assessing the compensation payable is never as simple as determining the market value of the property. There are a range of other factors that affect the proper assessment of compensation in the compulsory acquisition context.
This workshop takes the opportunity to consider in detail some of the more complex principles of assessing and determining compensation payable under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967.
Who should attend our Compulsory Acquisition of Land – Compensation Masterclass?
Personnel in government departments, Government-owned corporations and local councils involved in, or with an interest in, land acquisition issues.
What we'll cover
- When is a compensation claim properly made?
- Who has an interest in the land and is entitled to claim compensation?
- What is severance?
- When does injurious affection arise?
- The types of claims that are costs attributable to disturbance
- Can a tenant claim the same relocation costs as an owner?
- What does reasonable disturbance costs mean, particularly in the context of professional fees?
- Topical issues such as deeds of grant in trust, relocation vs extinguishment of a business, special value, the Pointe Gourde / San Sebastian principles, highest and best use
- Recent case law.
What you'll learn
You’ll learn how to assess compensation claims in the context of valuing land, interests in land and businesses.
8.45am for 9.00am - 12.45pm
$687 per person
$618 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$584 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Compulsory Acquisition of Land – Compensation Masterclass
"Very informative and topical. Highly qualified trainers who were able to draw on practical experiences to offer advice and answer questions."
"The presenters are clearly very knowledgeable and experienced. They were approachable and open to questions or assistance. Good workshop materials."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.