Advanced Government Decision-Making – Register your interest
Get in touch information is loading
Government and Ministerial decision-making is becoming increasingly complex. Recent developments continue to highlight the complexity of administrative law principles and the liability issues relating to administrative decision-making.
This workshop examines the administrative processes that are essential in making good and robust decisions.
Who should attend our Advanced Government Decision-Making workshop?
- Government lawyers
- Government decision-makers
- Anyone involved in providing advice or briefings to Ministers or senior officers.
What we'll cover
- Establishing proper authority for the decision-making process
- The essential elements of a lawful decision-making process
- Identifying, gathering and analysis of relevant evidence
- The difficulties arising from the receipt of confidential or informant information
- Legal advice and inadvertent waiver legal privilege
- Ensuring procedural fairness
- Statements of reasons
- Review and appeal processes
- Avoiding liability (eg. for negligence, misfeasance in public office)
- Ombudsman, Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC), Freedom of Information (FOI) and other statutory oversight.
What you'll learn
- A deeper appreciation of the principles of administrative law and good decision-making
- An understanding of how administrative decisions can be challenged
- A practical decision-making model which you can readily apply
- Practical skills in preparing statements of reasons.
8.45am for 9.00am - 4.30pm
$1,374 per person
$1,237 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,168 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Public Sector Law Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Advanced Government Decision-Making workshop in Melbourne
"Comprehensive run through of application of administrative law to government decision-making."
"Highly relevant training that has provided a good set of materials to refer to in my role."
"The was a very practical session. I found it useful to reinforce what we need to do and why."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.