Value Creating in Negotiation – The Ultimate Goal
Get in touch information is loading
Value creation is often depicted as expanding the pie, as opposed to dividing it, or thinking outside the square. By creating rather than distributing value, the negotiation can be pushed towards a solution where a mutual gains approach is the primary objective.
This stand-alone workshop focuses on maximising your outcomes in negotiation and significantly enhancing your negotiation potential. It will explore the importance of creating value in your negotiations and walk you step-by-step through the value-creating process.
Who should attend our Value Creating in Negotiation workshop?
All levels in business and government who wish to improve their ability to create value at the negotiating table. What do we mean by creating value, not distributing value, and why should you do it?
What we'll cover
- Is adding value always possible?
- Distributive vs integrative negotiating
- the essential tension of the negotiation process
- The behaviours of successful value creating negotiators
- A mutual gains approach
- What does this mean?
- Techniques for achieving it
- Negotiation credits
- Generating credits
- Credit activities
- How to track the health of the negotiation in a measurable and positive way
- Identifying negotiation debits and techniques for avoiding them
- Value balance sheet – a tool for tracking negotiation credits and debits
- The crucial questions
- Reasons for deficit
- Checklist for creating value
- Questions that negotiators should consider
- The elements of relationship management
- Value creation in relationship management
- Fractionating the interests of the parties – a negotiator’s value creating toolkit
- Does distributive negotiating have a place?
- The way ahead to productive negotiation.
What you'll learn
The objective is to increase your workplace competency in negotiation by changing your orientation to a value-creating model.
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.30pm
$1,374 per person
$1,237 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,168 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Negotiation Skills Brochure Subscribe
What our clients say about our Value Creating in Negotiation workshop:
"Negotiation is central to my role and the skills I’ve learnt from this workshop are invaluable."
"I appreciated how each person’s contributions were valued."
"Very enjoyable and useful material. This workshop kept my interest all day."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.