Negotiation – Interest-Based Bargaining (IBB) – Register your interest
||Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin, Canberra, Perth & Auckland:
Dates are scheduled on a needs basis. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the registration button below.
One day program
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.45pm
$1,306 per person
$1,176 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,111 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
Sydney: Level 15, 1 Bligh Street
Melbourne: Level 18, 333 Collins Street
Darwin: Hilton Darwin, 32 Mitchell Street
Canberra: Level 10, 2 Phillip Law Street
Perth: Level 27, 250 St Georges Terrace
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Negotiation Skills Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
Interest-Based Bargaining (IBB) techniques are becoming more and more popular, especially in government.
This one-day workshop will explain IBB concepts and provide you with the skills and strategies to make it work effectively.
Who should attend?
This workshop has been designed for those in business and government who would like to develop or refresh their IBB skills.
What we’ll cover
- What is IBB?
- Why don’t we do it naturally?
- How are positional and distributive bargaining different?
- How do I create value, not just distribute value?
- When is it appropriate to just distribute value?
- How much information do I share?
- The complication of multi-party, multi-issue negotiations in IBB
- The role of time and how to manage it
- How to preserve and enhance relationships even when you are in disagreement
- The role of emotions and how to deal with them in IBB
- The role of the independent third party
- How to turn adversaries into allies
- Why most negotiators need to win
- When the deal is done, what needs to be done?
- How to achieve a culture shift to IBB.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to apply IBB skills
- Learn how to create strategic partnerships and achieve mutually beneficial agreements.
Making it real
Michael is widely known for his engaging and stimulating workshops. He goes beyond theory by injecting his workshops with real-life war stories and interactive simulations. This means you’ll gain highly practical skills which you can immediately apply back at work.
What our clients say
"The presenter was interactive and approachable. I enjoyed the negotiation exercises."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of Michael’s program you’ll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on him for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call him at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.