Witness Skills for Non-Experts - Register your interest
||Brisbane: Dates are scheduled on a needs basis. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the registration button below.
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.45pm
|$1,306 per person
$1,176 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,111 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
Have you ever been, or are likely to be a witness in a court, tribunal or other investigative process?
These include in the Magistrates Court, District Court, Supreme Court, Federal Court, Children’s Court, Land Court, Planning and Environment Court, Small Claims Tribunal, Administrative Appeals Tribunal, Industrial Court of Queensland, Land and Resources Tribunal, Anti- Discrimination Tribunal Queensland and the Commercial and Consumer Tribunal.
This workshop examines the theory, practice and procedure of giving evidence and demystify the process.
Who should attend?
Any employee/organisation who can be called to give evidence in a court or tribunal. It will be of help to anyone who have never given evidence in the past and also to those who have already been in the witness box.
What we’ll cover
- Common fears of employee witnesses giving evidence
- Your role – the role of a witness in court
- The civil and criminal justice systems – layout of court, order of questions and what to expect
- Understanding courtroom etiquette
- The role of others – including the judge, jury, magistrates, prosecutors, plaintiff and defence lawyers, defendant, etc.
- How to prepare yourself
- How to deal with the butterflies and arrows
- Qualities of a good witness
- Privileged communications
- Dealing with memory – limits, use of notes, conferring with other witnesses
- Tips and traps.
What you’ll learn
This highly practical training session will help you to simplify, communicate and be persuasive with your evidence.
You will be cross-examined on a case study and an experienced lawyer will give constructive feedback on your witness box presentation.
What our clients say
“The presenter was very good and provided excellent examples and practical guidance. Very satisfied with the workshop.”
“Excellent – very thorough.”
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.