The Expert Witness - Register your interest
||Brisbane: Dates are scheduled on a needs basis. To register your interest please email email@example.com or click the registration button below.
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.45pm
$1,306 per person
$1,176 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,111 per person if in a group of three or more
Brisbane: Level 28, Riparian Plaza,
||Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe
Get in touch information is loading
This workshop examines the theory, practice and procedure of
giving expert evidence and will de-mystify the process.
Who should attend?
Anyone expecting to be called to offer opinion evidence in a
court or tribunal, for example:
- Technical experts
- Medical experts
What we’ll cover
- Introduction to the court system – the adversarial system
overview and understanding the role of an expert witness
- Expert v Lay Witnesses – the five key rules for expert
evidence and how they impact on your task
- The roles expert witnesses perform
- What do lawyers want to know? Getting and accepting the
retainer and conferencing with lawyers
- Legal professional privilege
- The ten commandments and subsequent witness codes (on
preparing expert evidence)
- Report preparation – tightening it up and structuring your
- Life after the report
- Evidence introduction
- Presentation issues
- Giving evidence
- Dealing with cross-examination
- Avoiding the hand grenades and raising credibility.
What you’ll learn
- Familiarisation with the process and learning what lawyers
want from their experts
- Identifying protocols for controlling privilege (where
- Learning how to effectively deal with or diffuse
What our clients say
"Excellent workshop. Lots of real life examples, really interesting content and always felt engaged."
"Good insight into what will be involved. Worth applying a lot of the information to general work practice as well as expert witness work."
"The cross-examination was most valuable – the workshop is very worthwhile."
"Today's session was clear, concise and well delivered. I learnt a lot, it was very enjoyable."
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.