Product Liability – Risk Management
Get in touch information is loading
Can your products create liabilities?
Can you tell:
- How you can be liable for defective goods even if they are properly designed and manufactured?
- How marketing affects product safety expectations?
- When your warning provides you with no defence?
- What your product obligations under the Australian Consumer Law and the Workplace Health and Safety Act really are?
- What a defect in information actually is?
- Whether class actions can pose a threat to your business?
What can a defective product cost?
Ignorance of the law risks:
- Prosecution under the Workplace Health and Safety Act which can bring significant fines
- Exposure to claims for damages under Schedule 2 of the Australian Consumer Law
- Becoming the target of an action for misleading and deceptive conduct by competitors or consumers.
In addition, the hidden costs include:
- Bad publicity and corporate humiliation
- Potential produce recall costs
- Loss of trust with suppliers and consumes
- Reduced staff morale
- Loss of productivity
- Loss of shareholder/investor confidence.
It’s safe but is it dangerous?
This workshop will examine the risk of product liability actions for damages for defective goods (eg. inadequate warning) and liability under the Australian Consumer Law and the Workplace Health and Safety Act.
What we'll cover
- Information defects
- Factors to consider when attempting to provide adequate information
- The consumer expectation test for defectiveness
- How product warnings might fail as a defence to liability
- Manufacturers’ liabilities
- Causes of product recalls
- Product recall obligations
- Management of product recalls
- The threat of class actions
- Obligations under the Workplace Health and Safety laws
- Employers’ liability for use of defective products.
What you'll learn
This interactive workshop will assist you to identify, isolate and handle risks that require management.
- Learn 13 principles of risk management
- Find out about potential liability for officers of your company
- Be able to anticipate potential risks and problems
- Understand the level of commitment required to properly manage risks.
8.15am for 8.30am - 4.30pm
Cost: Inc GST
$1,374 per person
$1,237 per person if booking two weeks before the workshop
$1,168 per person if in a group of three or more
Phone 1800 882 110
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.