Not-For-Profit Leadership – A Governance Masterclass – Webinar Series
Get in touch information is loading
Not-For-Profit Leadership – A Governance Masterclass
Australian charities are under increasing scrutiny to get it right when it comes to risk and governance. The recent surge in investigations by The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and other regulators are cautionary tales. Patterns of poor governance understanding and implementation have led to everything from bad press to de-registration as a charity.
Understanding governance requirements, risk review, sound implementation, and effectiveness testing are the key to getting compliance right so you can focus on helping those in need.
This Masterclass is designed for NFP leaders refreshing their knowledge of the rules and the risks including what the ACNC expects you to know and do. You'll learn best practice NFP governance, strategies to avoid costly regulator enquiries and disputes, and how to give your stakeholders comfort that management is a safe set of hands.
Who should attend
This refresher on NFP law, governance and risk provides a good source for review for charities of all sizes, particularly for:
- Those falling into the class of responsible persons including directors / committee members
- CEOs and those delegated with risk responsibilities
- Legal counsel
- CFOs and financial controllers.
What You'll Learn
- What the ACNC expects you to know and do
- The keys to good governance
- How to do risk reviews that work
- What to do when the ACNC comes knocking: getting out (and staying out) of trouble.
Session 1 – The Governance Principles – 4 November 2020 (Registrations closed – recording available)
Trainer: Andrew Hay, Partner, Clayton Utz Brisbane
- "The big risks" - how does your NFP score?
- Who regulates us and what are the rules
- The ACNC's Mandatory Governance Standards
- Interaction between regulatory regimes for ACNC and ASIC
- The keys to good governance.
Session 2 – Governance Practices – "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" – 18 November 2020 (Registrations closed – recording available)
Trainers: Tim Jones, Partner and Tony Deane, Special Counsel, Clayton Utz Brisbane
- Governance and risk management in practice
- ACNC compliance and enforcement
- Real world examples and responses.
Session 3 – Governance Principles translated to Practice – 2 December 2020
Trainer: Luke Furness, Senior Associate, Clayton Utz Brisbane
- Identification of risk areas
- Document and record management
- People and the skills required.
Time: 12.30pm - 1.30pm AEST (Brisbane)
Cost (inc GST):
Subscription offer | participate in all three webinars – $300 per person
Singular webinar – $120 per person per webinar
Unable to participate in one or more webinars from this series? We will be recording each session and we welcome you to register directly with us for the series. Just let us know which webinar/s you are unable to be a participant. Phone 1800 882 110 or email [email protected]
Further information: Phone 1800 882 110 or email [email protected]
Register Download Full Program Brochure Subscribe for Email Updates
Support when you need it the most
As a participant of our program you'll have comfort in knowing that you can depend on us for ongoing support. Whether it be two weeks or two years after the workshop, you can call us at any time for a short, no-cost consultation.
Recommended CPD point allocation: 1 point per webinar (excluding WA).
If this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one CPD unit for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included. Please contact your Professional Body for your state.